Surveillance plane flying over Rupert

Has anyone else seen that surveillance plane flying low over rupert in the last couple of day? Its a white and red plane with canada on the tail and surveillance painted on the bottem. The plane looked like this one with the exception of the paint job.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

yes, I thought it was a plane taking people out sight seeing…

Yes, it will be quite common to see now. It is a Fisheries surveillance plane, travels all up the coast to Alaska as well, apparently the pics it can take a amazing.

Cool, I seen it passing by on sunday real low and thought that’s a wierd plane to fly so low around here. Interesting. Maybe there’s a story here.

They’re looking for U-Boats…

I believe that plane was doing “hyper-accurate” underwater mapping, for the container port.

That crab was only 104mm; let’s get 'im boys!!!

Heh-heh :sunglasses:

That was a Department of National Defence (Canadian Airforce) CP-140 Aurora patrol aircraft, probably based at Comox.  Lot’s of information on the DND website at airforce.forces.gc.ca/equip/ … ntro_e.asp

Once we hunt for Soviet Red October. Now Soviet Red October hunts you. At Edmonton mall. For a dollar…

what i heard is they are flying over port ed to see if anybody is chopping down trees they shouldn’t be, or fighting with the local trailor park wildlife.  i wonder if they got any good shots

No, they are looking for an bald ape that escaped from the Calgary zoo and has been seen hanging out with a boxer dog with aids in our area.

[quote=“MadMax”]
No, they are looking for an bald ape that escaped from the Calgary zoo and has been seen hanging out with a boxer dog with aids in our area.

BAHAHAHAHA

that’s rad…and the dog with AIDS is a pitbull, my boxer is good to go.

the best part about all of that is that ‘Mikey’ is now a crack head bum in and out of rehab. 

guess my hopes aren’t great[/quote]

Where can i get some of that crack your smoking Rollins?