Sunset Pictures :D

I’m with MiG on that last picture Big Thumb.  It’s breathtaking, I especially like the crepuscular rays shooting out over your home.

I’m with you guys, that last picture is stunning!!! :smiley:

That las pic is so good :smile: great job.

This one doesn’t quite compare to the other ones that have been posted here so far, but I thought it was worth putting up anyway:

I took this last year with my old Canon Powershot.  I’ve since moved on to an SLR.  I’ve got a pretty decent sunset image from that on my computer at home, and I’ll post it soon.

Oh well, since everybody else is posting them…  here’s one of my favourite sunset photos.

Just don’t start posting eagle photos unless you want paperboy to put you all to shame.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

I’d like to say thanks for the comments about my picture but I can’ t take the credit.  It was just pure luck.  I went outside and just happened to look in that direction.  I saw the radiating pattern and ran to get the camera.  I took three shots and this is the best.  I’ll look into that HDR thing MiG.
I really like the first sunrise pic because I captured the very moment when the sun peeked over the horizon.  I like how you see the broken reflection line on the gentle swell.
Stardog, that half-sun behind the cloud pic is great.  It looks like a dragon opening his fiery eye.
There is something peaceful in looking at all the pics.  I wonder if the effect of sunsets has been studied by psychologists?

Anyway, I better start saving money for a good slr digital.

here are two of mine.

@ Bigthumb - Thanks for the directions, now to give them a try.

@ Mig - Thanks for the compliment my head is starting to swell. maybe I should post a picture of an Eagle in the sunset…

/http://www.flickr.com/photos/zpaperboyz/366729840/in/set-72157594492721284/

Eagle Sunset

I must be thick cuz I tried this a couple ways and can’t figure it out.

There’s a really active Camera Club here in Prince Rupert. A good group of folks as well I joined in January and they’re holding a wildlife photography seminar next weekend at the Kasics resort.

If any one is interested they meet the first Monday of every month at CHSS at 7:30

The last speaker was an officer from the Forensic Identity team here in town and gave a short seminar on narrow spectrum light photography. it was very interesting I thought.

They were talking about a field trip to the police station to give some of the techniques a try. I’m looking forward to that.

It’s easy with Flickr.  You almost had it.  You need to find the actual URL for the image, not the page.  So for example:

1.  The photo on this page: 

flickr.com/photos/zpaperboyz … 492721284/

2.  Click on “all sizes” at the top of the photo, and pick the size you want (500 px or so is great for a forum)

3.  After selecting the size, you’ll want to copy and paste the photo’s URL.  In this case it’s:

farm1.static.flickr.com/112/3667 … 101909.jpg

4.  Put that URL (including the http part) between IMG tags, like this:

[nobbc]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/112/366729840_c2a1101909.jpg[/nobbc]

5.  There ya go:

heh, my wife was just about to fix it for me, and your post popped up.
So now I know. Thanks for the help we can now post pics on HTMF. Look out world!

My brother and I, autumn '05, just off some dusty desert highway in Arizona.

here is a few photos taken off the west coast of haida gwaii during the halibut season last march

Amazing photo of the killer whales.

Shamoo!

:mrgreen:This was taken last week, he was on the side of the Road out the Ridley Island highway, Skinny

He’s not that Skinny, he’s about right for his age, wolves have a pecking order, depending on the age he might eat last after a kill, most wolves from the time their born to about 3 or 4 will be slim, the older ones will be a bit more fatter and the alpha male and female will be big.