Sundog

I had it flicker… Reset my modem, but not my clock. Phones still work… Storm seemed to have pretty much passed now.

And we now have a fire across the harbour. Started about 5 mins ago. Look over toward Pt. Simpson you’ll see a little orange glow…

Road accessible or no?

Well the power is back on now… was out on the east side from just before 11 until just after 1. That show was better than last night, the lighning was much closer and the thunder rocked the house, it was just harder to watch tonight as the lightning kept moving around all over the place.

I can’t remember the last time we had lightning 2 days in a row… specially not more than 2 hours of lightning each day. We probably just had more lightning in 2 days than we had in 25 years combined.

yes my siblings were all scared shitless and i had a nice view (over by seal cove circle) out my window…these nights will most likely got into the archives or just be talked about for a few days than it’ll all go back to normal where almost every week we see the same damn cruise ship…

Anyways, I’m off to make a pot of coffee

• Perihelion

• Edit and yeah the power was out at my house, this time it wasn’t hard living in the stone age :smile:

here’s a shot from last night:

http://www.hoshq.com/d70/002/24.jpg

I was down at kwinista last night during the storm. It got a little scary down there, WAAAAYYY too close for my liking. We saw it hit the power lines that were like 40 feet away from us and there were sparks, and then all the lights down there went out. Kinda spooky. And the lightening also started two fires across the harbour, they weren’t too serious though the rain stopped them after an hour or so. It was just nuts, we saw the lightning come from behind mount hays, over downtown rupert, and then right infront of us and all around us. Pretty neat too see though. We could see it hit into the ocean, and there was a fishing boat going through the harbour, I for sure thought it was going to get hit. The lightening was like RIGHT beside the boat too.

did you take any photos? On that matter, why haven’t you posted any new pics lately?

[quote=“hoshq”]

did you take any photos? On that matter, why haven’t you posted any new pics lately?[/quote]

I didn’t have my camera with me. And even if I did I don’t know how to shoot lightning, so I wouldn’t have gotten any good ones. And I haven’t posted any new pictures because I haven’t had any adventures or fun times this summer to take pictures of.