Sun News Network launches today

News junkies will have another channel to surf around starting today.

Added to the news mix with CBC Newsworld and CTV Newsnet comes Sun TV, clearly a right leaning little offering.

theglobeandmail.com/news/art … le1989501/

facebook.com/notes/sun-news- … 6287165230

I imagine those that love the CBC will hate the Sun thing, while those who think that the CBC is nothing but a bunch of Stalin era propagandists will hail Sun News as some kind of deliverance from evil.

At any rate, be interesting to see how they fare over the long haul.

Not sure if CityWest has a place for them on their channel log, but folks with the Sat Dish (Shaw Direct anyways) can check out the launch today at 1:30 Pacific time on channel 517 I believe it is.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will check that out; I’m a Shaw subscriber.

If it truly is in the same style as Faux News, I won’t be watching.

Sure you’ll watch, at least a snippet or two, become an instant expert and spew your usual loony left vitriol until your eyes bug out and fuckin near stroke about it. Try to stay calm.

lmfao here

On the subject of right and left leaning spun news, why don’t they just broadcast Jon Stewart on every channel, all day long and that will be everyone’s main source of news.

It was proven by monkeys using microsopes that viewers of Jon’s show know more about current events than most middle-aged adults who watch actual news. LOL

Finally a brand spanking new comedy channel. A gift for Canadian redditors wanting a Canadian-style Fox News. lol

You guys watch it and let me know. I’m not risking anymore brain cells.
A news station that brags about it’s bias? That’s for people who are fucked in the head.

Quoted for truth. lol

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]You guys watch it and let me know. I’m not risking anymore brain cells.
A news station that brags about it’s bias? That’s for people who are fucked in the head.[/quote]

Would you rather the media attempt to hide behind their bias like the CBC?

If you really want to know what is going on in the country/world/etc, no single media outlet will fulfill that desire; not even close. I say the more diversity, the better.

Yup, I must be “fucked in the head” because I think this is pretty good stuff.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/909819802001
C’mon Herbie, broaden your horizons, sip a little tea. It won’t kill you.

Tea is fine, Kool-Aid isn’t.
If you’ve already drank enough to believe daring to show The Nature of Things in your schedule is proof the ‘news hour’ is biased, it’s too damn late.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Tea is fine, Kool-Aid isn’t.
If you’ve already drank enough to believe daring to show The Nature of Things in your schedule is proof the ‘news hour’ is biased, it’s too damn late.[/quote]

Can you make this a little more coherent? Is English a second language for you?