Sugar Shack

Come Join us Jaunary 24th for Sugar Shack’s French Film LIVERPOOL - Don’t worry there are English subs. shown at Prince Rupert Cinema - 1 night only! 7pm see you there.

Is there a website with your info about the events? Facebook?

This is great! So nice to see some lesser known movies being shown here. I used to love going go the Vancouver International Film Festival when I was living down there.

Anybody care to join me to go see it? Maybe we can get a group to meet up. I apologize if I’m hijacking the thread but feel free to contact me through PM if you are interested :smile:

A big thanks to the organizers and I hope to see more films roll in to PR in the future.

AFFNO’s third annual Sugar Shack Lunch takes place Saturday, January 26 at the Jim Ciccone Civic Centre from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Traditional brunch includes tortières, sugar pies, maple toffee on snow. Lots of activities for kids, and a special performance by the Expression Collective. Grand prize: a return trip for four with Via Rail (Rupert to Jasper). Tickets available starting Dec. 26 @ Cook’s Jewellers OR at the AFFNO office (Hecate Strait building, 208 First Avenue East). $15 per adult, $10 per child (aged 6-12), $5 “enfance” (aged 3-5). Two-and-under are free!
Early-bird special: 2 tickets for $25 and everyone who buys a ticket before Jan. 18 can win a return trip for 2 (with vehicle) for Rupert to Haida Gwaii with BC Ferries!
Call 250-627-1313 or email affno@citywest.ca for more info.

Sugar Shack festival schedule:

Wednesday, Jan. 23: AFFNO “kick-off” social, Cowpuccino’s, 7 p.m. Tix only $3.00 and available through AFFNO office.

Thursday, Jan. 24: FRANCO-MOVIE NIGHT at Prince Rupert Cinema @ 7 p.m. Tix at the door.

Friday, Jan. 25: the Expression Collective, live at the Tom Rooney Playhouse @ 8 p.m. Tix $5.00, available at Teddy’s or at the AFFNO office. Tix $6.00 at the door.

Saturday, Jan. 26: Sugar Shack brunch 11a.m. - 2 p.m.

Arts Council Events can be found here:
facebook.com/groups/132025923485112/

Movie site:
facebook.com/events/331019317003940/

[quote=“farang_noi”]This is great! So nice to see some lesser known movies being shown here. I used to love going go the Vancouver International Film Festival when I was living down there.

Anybody care to join me to go see it? Maybe we can get a group to meet up. I apologize if I’m hijacking the thread but feel free to contact me through PM if you are interested :smile:

A big thanks to the organizers and I hope to see more films roll in to PR in the future.[/quote]

There is something called “thursday night at the movies” where the arts council will bring in a film once a month on a thursday these films are from the The Toronto International Film Festival circuit…