Stupid Seatbelt Ticket $138

I wear my seatbelt 99% of the time. Today I didnt and got a ticket. What is stupid, i just drove past the police station heading towards town. Right when i passed a cop drove out of the police station parking lot over the double yellow line right behind me and pulled me over withen 20 seconds. I think it dumb that a cop can drive over the double yellow line

suck it up princess, you got caught shit happens I got a 300 dollar ticket for that and some other things in vancouver last year pay the fine and dont complain at least theres no points on your license.

Does anyone know if you get a ticket and u pay it before a certain amount of time that its cheaper?

I think it was $25 cheaper when I paid a recent ticket.

yeah there is a deduction if you pay it quik

if i pay my ticket before the 30th its only 113.00 or something stupid id goto burns lake and dispute it but i’d probably get another one along the way :laughing:

I pulled a rolling stop in PG and got $167 for ‘running a stop sign’. On my way to a cop wedding! They’re laughing at the staton house!
They’ll stop when I bring the pic of the tree blocking the stop sign to court and contest it. They should pay me $167 as a ‘good samaritan’ for almost stopping because it looked like there should have been a stop sign there.

Don’t municipalities now keep most or all of the generated traffic fine revenue?

That means the incentive is now to give out lots of fines, as the cities also have to pay for the cops too, right?

But here’s a thought: don’t break the traffic laws, you won’t get a ticket. I’m really careful about my stops now, and I’m actually watching my speed a lot closer than I used to. Hey, who wants to pay taxes when you don’t have to?

There wasn’t a lot of traffic enforcement going on here until recently. Now that the Province ponied up for a couple of positions dedicated to it you really have to watch out.

Mike

Could someone please explain to me the strange amounts of these fines? $138? $167? When they were writing the laws in the legislature, did every member of the committee submit an amount for a fine, and then they took the average or something? Why aren’t they even numbers like $100 or $150?

Im going to dispute my ticket and not show up, I think everyone should do that. Even if you know you can win. Just to tie them all up.
Last time I was there my court time was for like 11am, what time do you think I got in? Like 3pm.

I think what probably happened, is that 25 years ago or whatever, they started at $10, $50, etc… and have simply been getting kicked up by a percentage every few years.

[quote=“MiG”]Don’t municipalities now keep most or all of the generated traffic fine revenue?

That means the incentive is now to give out lots of fines, as the cities also have to pay for the cops too, right?

But here’s a thought: don’t break the traffic laws, you won’t get a ticket. I’m really careful about my stops now, and I’m actually watching my speed a lot closer than I used to. Hey, who wants to pay taxes when you don’t have to?[/quote]

:wink: you are just getting old, but in all seriousness with my car I have trouble not speeding the difference between 100km/hr and 140 is about a quarter of an inch on hte gas pedal…

I Don’t have problems speeding. The difference between full throttle and half throttle is about 2km/h. Highway, believe it or not, it’s faster. Thats where the K&N air filter makes a difference, with my rigged up forced air induction. I can get that poor old truck upto 140km/h without tromping it. I’ve go it upto 180km/h going downhill with a tail wind, running chevron 94 octane with octane booster, and my timing advanced. I cant wait until my dual barrel webber redline carb comes!

Sorry I got a bit off topic. Call me a goodie goodie, but I’ve only been pulled over twice. First time I was pulled over I did nothing wrong. I was going around the corner from Cowbay road up 3rd Ave, and I accelerated through the corner, but wasnt speeding. I got off with a warning. Second time I got pulled over, I was speeding, but the cop didnt have his radar on… and so I got off with another warning. I have yet to get pulled over in my truck, even when I’m driving down the street doing 60 in town. I guess my truck doesnt attracted too much attention from the cops. Might attract them if it had rust on it and no lights. As for seatbelts, I always where it when I’m driving or in the front seat of a car, and 99% when Im in the back seat of a car.

that sounds like a “driving without consideration” ticket to me (i know, cause i’ve had one) <<don’t read that as me being “proud” either! it was during high school, about a year after i had gotten my license…i was driving around with a CLOSED CASE of beer >IN A BACKPACK >in the TRUNK! (apparently thats not allowed) --well i did NOT know that, obviously! but yeah…it was $138. i thought, OH WELL, it was my fault!! Then i got a letter in the mail saying i had to pay for 3 points on my license (which cost $300 ON TOP of the ticket) …i tell ya, it took me a lot of courage to drive around with ANY kind of alcohol in my car, CLOSED BOX or not.

…the whole point on this… was cause i noticed the SEAT BELT ticket at that high of cost…wasn’t it like $86 not too long ago??? <<and with that, i speak with NO EXPERIENCE…haha so i COULD be wrong? :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused: