Stupid Debit Tips

So your boss would like you to believe. If they want you to pool tips, tell them to fuck off and work somewhere else. Your working for a dickhead.
The tax people are going to expect you to claim a certain percentage above what you report as income forom tips. If you pool it you’re gonna be obliged to pay tax on money you didn’t get. Don’t be a fool.

ill tip someone for a normal job done, and Ill tip more for a really good

job done, and if Im at an eatery, Ill tip the cook if its descent food…

but I almost always tip something…

now for tipping at the beer and wine, WTF?

id have broken the bottle over buddies head if they tried to rip me off like

that…pure theft…

as a tech, Im tipped often (almost every job), and I show my aprecitation

by responding to calls faster, (running across town in the rain, working

till 3am at a customers, and including extras like movies/mp3’s/games

that they might like)…but I dont expect a tip, they ask me how much it

was and I make a guessimate…and they round it a bit higher, or hook me

up with hardware…or even food, Ive been given fish in all forms (canned,

dried, smoked, fresh caught, and even LIVE!)

nothing makes my day than to know Ive not only did my absolute best,

and that it got recognized…my thanks to all my customers over the

years…

Haha! If I hear someone’s been to rupert, I don’t even suggest bringing their computer into the shop. Flash, I am there like an obsequious demi-servant that even wipes down the machine when I’m done.
mmmmm halibut…
even got 2 jars of canned whelks once. they were good!

Frankly, I see it differently. I’m sorry if some people find themselves working in a job that has them relying on tips for wages. Thats not my fault. When I tip it’s for service that’s above the normal. Give me something even slightly above a server just doing thier job and the tip is there. Sometimes all that takes is a friendly welcome or smile.

Mike

Or possibly poor. Yes, poor people do exist.

wrong…

[quote=“HotmailDOTCom”]People who do not tip are PLAIN and SIMPLE CHEAP!

Even if you are not a big tipper, leaving 10% of you bill (in a restaurant) and 5% of the bill on delivery are the gernally acepted percentages for tips, anything less is not considered a tip, at least to me.

Now if the server or delivery guy/girl is a nasty bitch, then they deserve nothing and ONLY then is not tipping acceptable.

And for the guy who is complaining about leaving a tip on the table and then saying “NO” to the tip when paying at the till, if you truly feel bad then simply tip AND pay you bill all on interac. If the restaurant has a visa/debit machine I can gurantee they will have a tip option so to avoid the embarassment, simply leave your tip when you pay.

Also that is crap about servers pooling their tips, I have worked all over and NOWHERE have I seen this happen, any server that pools their tips are RETARDS![/quote]

You’re an uncreative dipshit. Honestly if they deserve a tip they will get it… if i have to wait an hour for my food when the place isnt busy well then they probably arnt going to get a tip. If you think you have a right to a tip you are mistaken thats something you earn by treating me the customer right and if you dont you can go fuck yourself.

Can I get an Amen brother…

Witness!

If you can’t afford to tip, don’t go out. It’s pretty simple. You’re not required to leave a tip. It’s something you do to show appreciation to your server and barstaff for bringing you food and drinks with a smile and being courteous. If you liked your meal, and your server was smiling and making an effort to be friendly, leave a tip. If the service was slow, your server impatient and surly, don’t.

The Keg prides itself on good waiters. I know, I used to work at one. They actually have the best service out of all places in P.G, imo. They don’t “pool” their tips, but they have to calculate them at the end of the night and take a certain percentage out for the kitchen and bar staff so everyone gets some kind of a tip.

15 percent is a good tip to leave if you’ve had excellent service.

%15? Are you NUTTZ?
A friend of mine said when I asked him why he didn’t tip the waitress. He said, “Why, no one tips me when I work…”

LOL, I could just see the tip jar on his desk besides his pc. :laughing:

A night at the pub with a couple of drinks and an appy comes to around 50 bucks-15 percent is 7.50. It’s not that much.

I hate the places where they assume tips. Up in Terrace a few years ago, I bought a round of drinks, beers and a couple of other drinks. I didn’t clue in at the time, but for about 5 or 6 drinks, the order was about 65 bucks.
I thought my pals ordered shooters too but they didn’t.
I proceed to the lady and ask her why it was so much, she did not want to answer me. My sister told me she probably tipped herself.
Sooo, screw the %15.

I’m about a 15% tipper, almost always.

When I visited my step bro in Chicago a cpl years ago we went to an italian restaurant. The food was okay, nothing special, the bill came to like $200+ american for the 6 of us and to our astonishment an automatic 15% tip was applied to the bill.

There is an interesting scene in the movie “Pulp Fiction” where the characters debate the whole “tipping” issue.

I’ve been going to restaurants and paying for my food myself for about 25 years now and for the most part, I’ve tipped waiters 10- 15%. However, a few years back, someone told me that the range was now 15-20%. And I’ve done that ever since.
And guess what: I’m a teacher!!! ( Take that stereotype and toss it in the canoe!)

I have to say that I cannot remember not giving a tip to a waiter. I kinda feel it’s expected even if the food is not that good. I admit that after reading this thread, I may become more stingy.

Honestly, Rupert is a smaller town so 10 percent may be the way to go, but if you’re dining out in larger cities it seems to lean towards 15-20 percent. Either way, tipping isn’t the “law” so it seems it will always be personal preference.

Here’s a ‘Stupid debit card tip’ I’ve used:
Couple days before payday, pop over the border. Take the last $100 in your account out. The machines don’t distinguish Cdn/US. Run home and change it into $120 (it was $150 at one point). When paycheck goes in, the exchange gets applied.
Short term loan, but expensive.

explain that…