Stolen iPhone

A colleague of mine recently had his iPhone stolen. I’m just wondering if the gps tracking website that I have heard about could help him in some way. I am not sure if it was enabled. I don’t have an iPhone so I’m not familiar with the settings and possibilities.

If he had “find my iPhone” set up, it will show him where it is. He can also remotely lock it, put messages on the screen, and ultimately erase it if necessary.

I have “Lookout Mobile Security” which (when you log onto their sight) will pin point where your phone is within 30 feet. The program will also allow you to destroy its memory and data if it is impossible to get the phone back. Greatest free program I’ve found to date.

Thanks for the suggestions. I sent him MiG’s reply but he said that, since the phone is very new, not much was set up yet. He also said that he tried something but the phone was turned off.

If it was very new, it would have iOS 5.0 on it when he irst turned it on.

When he first turned it on, it would have asked him of he wanted to use iCloud, Find my Phone, etc. if he answered yes, then it’s activated. If he logs into iCloud.com, he will be able to track it there.

If the phone is off, you have the option of sending a message to it the next time it is tuned on, and you can get an email notification when it shows up.

I did this 2 weeks ago for an iPad that was misplaced by an employee. It turned up yesterday on the map, and we now know where it is.

[quote=“MiG”]If it was very new, it would have iOS 5.0 on it when he irst turned it on.

When he first turned it on, it would have asked him of he wanted to use iCloud, Find my Phone, etc. if he answered yes, then it’s activated. If he logs into iCloud.com, he will be able to track it there.

If the phone is off, you have the option of sending a message to it the next time it is tuned on, and you can get an email notification when it shows up.

I did this 2 weeks ago for an iPad that was misplaced by an employee. It turned up yesterday on the map, and we now know where it is.[/quote]

good to know…thanks