Stieg Larsson

I thoroughly enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I’m currently reading The Girl Who played with Fire. I’m getting apprehensive about Salander’s fate.
Excellent:)

Great series. The last one is the best!

Listened to them all as audiobooks, and with the third one I had to get the Kindle version 'cause I just couldn’t wait to be in the car again to find out what happened.

[quote=“MiG”]Great series. The last one is the best!

Listened to them all as audiobooks, and with the third one I had to get the Kindle version 'cause I just couldn’t wait to be in the car again to find out what happened.[/quote]

Wonderful read. :smile:
I just recently finished the Harry Potter books after condemning them for years (my 17 year old insisted that they were exceptional books). I love the Harry Potter books.

Read the books, watched the movies with subtitles. Now let’s see how Hollywood does…

Thoroughly enjoyed the books, real page turners as they say. Interesting to know that Stieg had originally intended this series to be 10 books. He had actually done a partial manuscript for a 4th book before he died. Such a shame he never got to realize his fame. The Swedish subtitled films were well done I thought but it’s hard for any film to fully capture in 1 1/2 hrs. When so much details are crammed into the books and they each clock in at 700-800 pages therabouts. I too am interested to see what the hollywood treatment does. Especially in the role of Lisbeth Salander, pretty hard to beat Noomi Rapace in the original. The trailer for the new film treatment looks decent though. I’m ok with the casting of Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomkvist and Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander, she’s got the look down. Opens in December, 21st I think. Probably not in Rupert though, maybe the Thurs. night arts council movies? Any other thoughts from Millennium Trilogy fans?

A friend of mine at work has the movies. I will watch them when I’ve read the series. :smile:

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“MiG”]Great series. The last one is the best!

Listened to them all as audiobooks, and with the third one I had to get the Kindle version 'cause I just couldn’t wait to be in the car again to find out what happened.[/quote]

Wonderful read. :smile:
I just recently finished the Harry Potter books after condemning them for years (my 17 year old insisted that they were exceptional books). I love the Harry Potter books.[/quote]

WHYYYY did you condemn Harry Potter???

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]
WHYYYY did you condemn Harry Potter???[/quote]

I misunderstood the series and thought it was primarily a set of books for children. I thoroughly enjoyed the books, they are delightful. I will read them again. :smile:

You will like The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest. However, if you’re like me, you’ll wonder just what they can do to the poor girl this time…

Finished the series a year ago. This thread is a year old…just saying. :smile:

[quote=“hitest”]

Finished the series a year ago. This thread is a year old…just saying. :smile:[/quote]

Don’t matter. I just found the series and got through them. What are you reading now?

How to Grave Dig

hehe, BigThumb actually coined the term “thredging” way back when, to describe the same thing – replying to really old threads.

Looks like Gunnar just went through really old posts and decided to reply to them, without looking at the dates.

Last book I read was The Dog Stars. I just bought the new Humble Bundle, so I expect to be reading some of those next.

[quote=“gunnar”]
Don’t matter. I just found the series and got through them. What are you reading now?[/quote]

It is indeed a wonderful series. At the moment I’m reading LOTR, Fellowship of the Ring…again. :smile: