Steve Irwin AKA The Crocodile Hunter died

Straight up. 

Sting ray barb through the chest.  Died before the medics got there.  Crazy stuff…

Oh man, that’s sad.  That guy rocked.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_ … obit_irwin

Really sad news. At least he died doing what he loved.

Mike

It’s too bad, even though I could only watch the guys shows in small doses.  Way to kinetic for me.

But he did seem to like his work as said above, and its a shame when someone passes on earlier than is expected in life. 

HOLY CRIKEY!!  That ripper really packed a whallop!

That sucks.  He was good entertainment.

I wonder how long it will be before the footage he was shooting appears on the net?

Unique death for a unique man.  May some of his legacy survive him as he contributed to wildlife conservation .

That is really sad…seemed like a nice fellow…too young.

Even sadder is the fact that he leaves behind a wife and two young children, a daughter 8 years old, and a son, 3. 

A terrible tragedy; I feel for his family.  My children enjoyed his shows. 

a few weeks ago I was out filming the wolves and I did a skit of my impersonation on Steve Irwin. I did it for my son who is moving away to Chetwynd, its goofy and silly but Shane loves it,
ghostintheshell.ca/wp/?p=74.

the part of me acting like Steve is about 3 min into the video and last to the end. I did all on the fly, hard to believe not one acting lesson…lol…

Wierd how it happens the day after I watch a documentary about the grizzly enthusiast who wound up as supper…
Had an uncle who was an Oz. Used to say Australia is much like Canada, but it’s hot and every other thing is poisonous…

That’s good stuff Astro. Someone once said that imitation is a form of or flattery.
Your work with the wolves is pretty cool too.     

From The Onion:

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

The first few times I read about this, I thought it was a joke… but uhh, apparently not…

OMG hes DEAD :astonished:!!! BUT WHY!! :cry:

He died half a month ago, you must’ve just heard about it.

In about 9 or 10 months, some new member of HTMF will reply to this thread.

LOL :smiley:  Sad, but, true.

sooo the cause of death was he tried sticking his thumb in the stingrays butthole and it wasn’t pleased? tsk tsk tsk he will be missed.

nah…i was joking…i read the newspaper. i geard it before most of my frends acually