Sports?

Anybody know of something I can go photograph in the next couple of days?

I’m trying to figure out this whole photography thing, and want to learn to take sports photos (soccer, etc). Anybody know of an event or a team that wouldn’t mind me creeping around with a camera?

Well if i can get some people together we may play hockey later on today.

There is a kids soccer camp that’s going on this week, but that might seem a bit odd of you taking pics of that.

Maybe try taking some pics of the people who play tennis. Pretty well every sunny day, you’ll see lots of people playing tennis. I think you’ll see lots of familiar people playing, as there are quite a few high school kids that play tennis, and I doubt that they’d mind.

I think it’d also be a reasonably difficult sport to photograph as well. There’s quite a bit of movement, and the ball moves pretty fast.

When: Wednesday, July 28, at 7:45pm.
Where: Chris Mcguire (Men’s) Softball Diamond.
What: Rainbow Chrysler Crossfires vs. The Moby Pub Canadians in a 7-inning deathmatch!

I may or may not provide some free beer to my loyal fans and teammates that night. But you should definitely come take some pictures. We need a team picture for the league website.

[quote=“mrbios”]There is a kids soccer camp that’s going on this week, but that might seem a bit odd of you taking pics of that.

Maybe try taking some pics of the people who play tennis. Pretty well every sunny day, you’ll see lots of people playing tennis. I think you’ll see lots of familiar people playing, as there are quite a few high school kids that play tennis, and I doubt that they’d mind.

I think it’d also be a reasonably difficult sport to photograph as well. There’s quite a bit of movement, and the ball moves pretty fast.[/quote]

You can get swicked motion blurring and stuff on the ball.

[quote=“Eso”]When: Wednesday, July 28, at 7:45pm.
Where: Chris Mcguire (Men’s) Softball Diamond.
What: Rainbow Chrysler Crossfires vs. The Moby Pub Canadians in a 7-inning deathmatch![/quote]

Will be there, need to try this camera thing.

Where’s the Chris Mcguire Softball Diamond?

The field nearest the civic centre.