Something new opening!

The last people who tried to re-invent peg legs ran it into the ground in 6 months, I predict the same for these people. Why do people who have no, or little industry experience try to open restaurants, the most risky type of small buisiness one could try. About a 90% failure rate. 99.99% in Prince Rupert.

So Bubba if someone wishes to complain to the owner , who they talk with Envy or do I try talking to Concrete ? May I ask how should I address them , is there a Ms . and a Mr. ? Are they a couple or are they just partners ?

JC if you really want to know head down and itroduce yourself to the owners at conrete and envy and soon to be PegLeg’s!

Maxwell , why are you being so hard on me like that ? I got feelings to you know…lol . I am not really into seafood that much either .

JC

Just ina smart a__ _ mood today and you were the first post I saw haha!

Ran it into the ground? They at least gave it a shot!! They were going for a brew-pub type of restaurant which should fit the town profile. They had a small stage to feature local talent which has also been mentioned as a need for the town. They just didn’t have the deep pockets necessary to float the business for the first year…
Of course, if they would have gone for the Vietnamese style of menu, they would have stayed open forever in this town.

The vietnamese restaurants are more a laundry then a restaurant

Wow…

At the very least, people should have a bit of respect for people opening businesses and business owners. Popular misconception is that business people have many fail-safes that enable them to operate when in reality, there are few.

For instance, popular misconception is that if you own or operate a business, and the business fails, you are able to get EI as a last resort. That’s not correct. Just this year came into effect EI if you fall very ill - even then you have to pay into it until Jan 2011. Otherwise, you get nothing. When a person’s business goes under, if you can’t find work, many times you lose everything. There is no net.

Ran it into the ground in this town is easy. Rupertites have a habit of not trying new businesses until they have been in operation for over a year - that’s rather tough on businesses. Given the economic climate - I’m surprised anybody in the city would even bother opening a business.

As a former successful businessman with volumes of good luck, great looks and a commoner’s appeal, I know how hard it can be to be a success anywhere, whether that be this little economic black hole on the North Coast, or some huge money rocket metropolis down south. Success is only defined by one’s own brilliance and good luck, which I had for some time but then lost.

I will advise that the people of Peg Leg’s do as I say and not as I have done. People in this town won’t spare a dime on potential. They need to see that the goods are there first, and that takes time. It’s Prince Rupert’s discretionary taste and why they go all the way to Terrace for Dairy Queen. Hmm… well, where was I? Oh yeah. It takes about one year to build a good name in town and… hmm, peanut buster parfait… soo stoned, could use a peanut… er… hopefully they’ll keep their kitchen sanitized unlike many of the other kitchens around town.

Now that I am a currently unsuccessful businessman (you know the recession has really hit us hard and even with all that good luck, I could not sustain my highly illegal business) all I can hope for in this town is for some ray of business light. Maybe Peg Leg’s is that ray…> uh, maybe that’s just the parting of the clouds… wait a second…

“Sherie get off the computer! No, that’s my other avatar. Yes, I like hackingthemainframe. And I do not spend too much time on this site. It’s not a waste of time… they are my friends… I want a divorce!”

Sorry about that. I thought I could keep my domestic disputes between Sherie, me and the police. (so frustrated).

I for one will look forward to spending my government-issued dependency cheques at Peg Leg’s part three. Makes better dining sense than yet another taquito from Sherie, though they are delicious. Muy bueno!

Either way, Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo WELFARE! Yay! I’m still getting paid, lol. Good to see you all are, too.

Welp, off to the City Hall fountain for some fun before yet another miserable night at the Casin-oh-no.

huh? Your post was pure genius !! LOL What a great laugh, ummmmm, it was supposed to be for a laugh, right???

Because they have the drive, passion and the capital. Also, Marika, the female owner, has worked in the industry most of her adult life. Nice you’re so quick to assume. And ironic you would be so negative about them in a public forum, where you didn’t even bother to hide your identity, when you’ve expressed interest in working with them. Good luck getting that job now.

[quote=“Princess of Power”]

Because they have the drive, passion and the capital. Also, Marika, the female owner, has worked in the industry most of her adult life. Nice you’re so quick to assume. And ironic you would be so negative about them in a public forum, where you didn’t even bother to hide your identity, when you’ve expressed interest in working with them. Good luck getting that job now.[/quote]

Is that Marika that used to work at Breakers years ago and then had a clothing store down where Databoy is? If so, she is a very hard worker and a really nice, personable lady. I wish her all the best in the future, she deserves it.

Yeah, she still works on the weekend at the Bellmont, or at least was until recently.

[quote=“Princess of Power”]
Because they have the drive, passion and the capital. Also, Marika, the female owner, has worked in the industry most of her adult life. Nice you’re so quick to assume. And ironic you would be so negative about them in a public forum, where you didn’t even bother to hide your identity, when you’ve expressed interest in working with them. Good luck getting that job now.[/quote]

Well, you are certainly correct that she seems to have the capital to open businesses but also seems to me that she’s closed a few in the last ten years. Maybe it’s the same ones being opened in different locations with different names…