Solly's closing

I heard Solly’s is shutting down!
Laying off everyboby

Sad news indeed.  Can anyone confirm this?

I think it’s just opening up under new management.  I can’t confirm this though.

well walt is selling the building so maybe someone bought it and wants to keep it running

I thought the rumour was that Chances ws buying it but that was the rumour of the week awhile ago… :unamused:

chances bought the liqour license and somebody else bought the land and building, think chances has a lease on the building prior to it being sold

AFAIK those licenses were supposed to be non-transferable, ie: they had to stay with the building/neighbourhood as that was how they were initially approved. When did this change?

So far, (From a worker) The Sally’s is Closing, Completely, no if’s and’s or butts about it. They are not re opening the doors as Sally’s ever… The doors are Closed on the 30th of August. everyone is being laid off, and the workers their are very very sad and un-expected.  :cry: The Liquor store, the pub, everything is shutting its’ doors.

Well then if Chances bought the liquor licence, something will be happening there.  It will probably be built into something bigger and better, and bear the Chances name.  It’s just a matter of time.

the place is so out dated its like going back to the 80s-90s…
if it’s not making it chances won’t reopen it…
It was a sucess back in the day when there was more going on at Seal Cove…
chances may have other uses with the license…
I heard a rumour that eventual plans are to turn it into a house…
anyway there are lots of drinking places… 

unexpected there has been talks of it closing for months since chances bought it lol. was thier intention to use the license for a beer store on 5 corners since they bought the license .and walt has sold his house and his ad in the paper to sell the building lists multiple uses you can use it for one being a house thats where the house rumor is im sure

I do not like the Chances being allowed to make this into a Vegas of the north, when will they come up with dollars to help treat some of the problems they are helping to build. Solly’s was a great place years ago when so many of the teaching crowd went there weekly.

yup back in the day it was a good place, time have changed…  it became steal and outdated… 

The last time I was up there, I attended a big catered supper at Solly’s and it was very good. Lots of great memories from the place, I used to love their ‘lunch on the deck’ specials a long while ago, best stacked roast beef sandwiches I’ve ever eaten. Well worth the drive, at least parking was never an issue like it was at Breakers some times but I’ll admit the cooking had it’s ups and downs over time.

historically it was a good place, but times change…  Breakers is modern and more up beat…

I have yet to go there. I should check it out before it’s too late.