So

Hello, anyone know of a place for Acupuncture Therapy in the Rupert Area? My mother needs it. :wink:

[quote]Amy: You should try homeopathic medicine, Bender. Take some zinc.

Bender: I’m 40% zinc!

Amy: Then take some Echinacea, or St. John’s wort.

Farnsworth: Or a big, fat placebo! It’s all the same crap![/quote]

Sooooooooooo, whats your point?

I say, I must say…Well I say thank you stanley19. Enjoy the sun today…

:smiley:

Cornerstones Wellness Center on 3rd Avenue. That’s where I had mine done when I had muscle problems in my lower back. Betty Lou Hunt does the accupuncture there.

I’ve always wanted to try it. Does it really work?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acupuncture#Scientific_research

For the problem I had it worked for about an hour, and then it slowly reverted back to the way it was. So, for me, I would have to say ‘no’, but I have heard people swear by accupuncture. Guess it depends on the extent of the injury/situation.

I had it done a few years ago. It didnt work for me and I actually found it quite odd. I had a whiplash injury and my neck hurt but the acupuncture was done in my hands. Something to do with nerves/reflexology. Not only did my neck still hurt but the needles in my hands didnt exactly feel good either.

My father had a shoulder problem that nagged him for months. Nothing he did would heal it. Accupuncture was the only thing that helped.

Mike

fingahz wrote:

:open_mouth:

My limited experience with acupuncture is that it really does work! Of course it does require a certain amount of … egads, dare I say…faith :open_mouth: …after all it is about energy work.

I find the language around it to be very flighty “energy blockages causing dis-ease” and all that…

Having said that, a couple of needles into a treatment I have had a screaming headache just disappear…I’ve walked into the office an anxiety ridden wreck and walked out in a state of calm unlike anything else I’ve ever felt.

Of course if we get a treatment but continue the lifestyle that gets us sick in the first place…no wonder treatment doesn’t ‘cure’ us!

This is a mental thing. if you believe it works, you probly think it works. And after you get poked with all these pins, you will start looking for any signs that you are better.
This form of stupidity is still being researched.

[quote=“yngwie_69”]This is a mental thing. if you believe it works, you probly think it works. And after you get poked with all these pins, you will start looking for any signs that you are better.
This form of stupidity is still being researched.[/quote]

Are you a subject?

yngwie_69 wrote:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“BigThumb”]

[quote=“yngwie_69”]This is a mental thing. if you believe it works, you probly think it works. And after you get poked with all these pins, you will start looking for any signs that you are better.
This form of stupidity is still being researched.[/quote]

Are you a subject?[/quote]

No he’s the control, we have already proven him to be retarded.

Ah come on jesus, my “burn” was :stuck_out_tongue:. Yours is just plain :imp:

No worries he wont get either of them

I also had acupuncture done on my neck and shoulders…it helped for awhile but the problems came back again. I think it has to be on going to be of any help.

Who was stupid?