So you want to try Paintball?

Seems there are a number of people who are interested in playing a little Paintball.  So I thought I might write up a little info for you.

We play every Sunday and some Saturdays( Summer time ).

If you just wanting to come out and try a day of playing call Sean at Digital Printing and he will set you up with a gun, mask, air bottle, and paint.

If you are looking at entering the sport on a more regular basis, you can look to spend from $250 to $1500 depending on your set up.

Basic Rules.

• Gun must be shooting at 300 fps or lower.
  • Games start at the first air horn.
  • Game ends and all firing stops at the second air horn.
  • Masks must be worn at all times while the game is in session.
  • Do not shoot another player when you are less than 20 feet away,  Ask the player for a mercy kill,  if they do not accept,  shoot away.
  • If you get hit call “OUT!!!” very loudly.  Walk off the field with your gun raised in the air, calling out periodically if you find you think you are walking through a gun fight.
  • If you are hit but do not think it broke you can call out “PAINT CHECK!!!” loudly.  The other player(s) should stop firing until you either call “OUT!!!”  or “I’m OK!!!”

Games we play. 
Most of our games are scenario based so I thought I might post a few to give you an idea and when you come out you will know what is going on.

PREDATOR

2 or 3 players (Predators) go out to the field with a 5 min head start.  The other players (Hunters) (sometime up to 20 players) head out at the sound of the horn. 
The game is simple elimination with a twist. If a Predator hits a Hunter they become a Predator.  A very fun game that can end up with the tables being turned very quickly.

ROAD GAME

Miller Bay field has a road that loops back to its begining.  The game has two teams, Bush players (up to 4 members) and Road Players(up to 20+ members)  The Bush team can go anywhere,  The Road team, has to stay on the road.  All the road team has to do is make it around to the begining with a predetermined number of surviving players.

CAPTURE THE FLAG

Pretty standard,  two team game,  get the other teams flag and get it back to your “base”.  We do variations on this,  one being a very small team on the upper ridge defending the flag.  A much larger force attacks, trying to take the flag and bring it to a predetermined location. This variation allows for “respawns”  so if you are hit you run back to your base then come back into play.

DEFEND THE FORT

All in the title,  one team in the fort,  one team attacking.  Bring lots of ammo.

We also have a variety of different two team elimination games we play.  Splitting up the players and starting at different locations with different objectives.  We are always willing to hear input on games and try different games.

The field also has hosted various challenge games ( CBSA vs. RCMP ), with more on the way.  Create a team of your work mates and challenge other businesses.