So I installed Ubuntu

And I’m really looking forward to doing some multimedia stuff wtih it like streaming media server, webserver, stream audio etc. / anything cool and multimedia, can anyone recommend some good sites for cool apps to make a gigabit home network fun? :smile:

Really new to Linux and it’s distro’s but I’m jumping in now. Any good beginner’s sites for network sharing / other fun stuff tutorials?

Cheers!

ubuntu forums. Without knowing what you want to do I cant really make any recommendations of software :wink:

On a somewhat related note I need to borrow someones windows/mac laptop for an hour so I can install kies and update my phone to ICS, fucking samsung fuck you for making it a cocksucker to update.

Reason #552 why android phones will always be covered up by the iphones shadow. Far easier to do software updates (no cable required)

Cool. I hope you like Linux. :smile:

Ubuntu Forums

[quote=“OMEGA”]

Reason #552 why android phones will always be covered up by the iphones shadow. Far easier to do software updates (no cable required)[/quote]

um… there are OTA updates for android phones… just not for this upgrade which is a pretty major upgrade, also samsung likes to force you to use their shitty kies software for whatever reason.

I HATE the iphone (for no real reason other than everyone says everything else is a piece of shit its decent piece of hardware) and hate apple more and for good reason IMO. Apple could make a phone that cooked my dinner for me and I still wouldnt buy it. They’re an anti-competitive shitbag company.

Hey look my car has round corners, better sue em (and yes I bought the samsung because fuck apple). ZOMG that apple orchard uses a logo with an apple AND its a mackintosh better sue em.

ps. I can replace my battery in 2 seconds if I choose to do so, hows replacing yours working out for you :wink: