Snow?

More than a foot! or more! (for Victoria that is a lot) No, no army…they just placed a big closed sign on the city for 4 days until it cleared up.

Almost everyone in Victoria is either retired or a government worker… I’m sure not a whole lot was going on for those 4 days anyways :laughing:

[quote=“Dave”]

More than a foot! or more! (for Victoria that is a lot) No, no army…they just placed a big closed sign on the city for 4 days until it cleared up.[/quote]

i was there. got the only flight out of victoria. it was december 96.

I remember 4 feet of snow in Vancouver in the 60s and the schools were closed for a week. That was fun becasue we could toboggan down our driveway, across the vacant lot and crash into the school doors about 100m away.
It wasn’t too long after Typhoon Freda tore off shingles and scooped a Grade two clinging to her umbrella (a teacher jumped and grabbed her leg and caught her when the umbrella collapsed). All the parents blamed the Yanks and Russians for testing H-bombs in the atmosphere. Thank God we’re not screwing around with the atmosphere these days! [/sarcasm]

Yeah, sure the yankies have tons of weapons or mass destruction. But the bottom line here is, there are stupid. I hate snow… Except for ripping down the road doing 40-60km/h on the hood of an 87 Grand Marquie toed beind a truck. Ahhh nothing like a nice soft cold snow tumble down the road, as you’re flying into the ditch.

Yea, don’t forget about George W and his Huricane Gun that he used to try and get rid of dem coloured people in the south.

Still hasn’t snowed here and it’s god damn -12 or lower here. The wind chill yesterday was terrible, had to stand outside waiting for the damn Codiac bus to get a ride home for 20 minutes.

I’m surprised I do not have a cold. :open_mouth:

its snowing right now but not alot cool eh? but the news said its gonna rain later tonight.

You’re right. One model has the North East Pacific warming (soon maybe Prince Rupert will be the ‘Garden City’, and Victoria a desert) but the North East Atlantic experiencing an iceage (with all of Northern Europe and Asia under ice).

Here’s something to consider (if that model is valid): climate change induced immigration.

[quote=“Dave”]

More than a foot! or more! (for Victoria that is a lot) No, no army…they just placed a big closed sign on the city for 4 days until it cleared up.[/quote]

I was spending Xmas 1996 in Victoria - during the blizzard. It was more like 3 or 4 feet when all was said and done. I had to drive to Port Renfrew in it…thank GOD for front wheel drive!!

And, yes, they did declare a state of emergency. There were at least two fatalities - stranded vehicles idling…carbon monoxide.

Snowing snowing snowing here… It never accumulates though, just blows around and freezes your face and ears and fingers and stuff.

I’m about to head to the shop for a nice -17ish outdoor pre-trip inspection. After that, it’s off to Zama, AB for a couple days. If there is a stockpile of snow anywhere in Alberta, I’m sure Zama is a majority share holder.

Later

Since I moved to the Fredericton N.B area, I was expecting more snow than Rupert. For the last two weeks, we have had less than 50% coverage of the grass, and that’s after a small snowfall last Sunday. We got some snow last night to cover the ground but it will not last.
I really have to look into those global warming prediction models. An aquaintance told me that February and March will be more of the same.
Weird.

I was in Terrace when it had Canada’s record for a single days snowfall. It was between 4 and 5 feet in about 18 hours. CRAZY!!! Everything was at a total standstill. I’ve never seen such a whiteout in my entire life.

Hah! We’ve got about a foot or maybe a bit more up here in the PIG. Mmm, can’t wait to go snowboarding again!

So much for that… You’re not going to Zama, you’re going to Hinton. An hour later, your on days off until Thrusday… It’s still snowing BTW.

Speaking of snow…here’s a new scale to measure snow storms

http://tinyurl.com/bdx2y

That isn’t two feet of snow is it? No it can’t be. Where’s my ruler!

It is 6:19am here and I’ve just been woken up by the fucking SNOW PLOW RAMAPAGING AROUND. It’s not even a snow plow, it’s a front end loader! I guess it’s necessary, but Jesus Christ, I’ve got a midterm in a few hours! Arg!