Smithers Hotels?

Hi Folks ! Planning an overnight-2 night trip to Smithers late Sept. by VIA and wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good hotel ? Heading up for some photo time, I guess a car rental is a must? Thanks so much !

We stayed at the Sunshine Inn in Smithers and it was nice.
sunshineinn.ca/

Aspen Inn is pretty decent. It’s not top of the line (more average, but certainly not seedy or anything like that), but it’s more affordable and rooms are sufficient. It is also the only hotel in Smithers with an indoor pool and hot tub. They have one of the best restaurants in Smithers located in the hotel as well (The Riverhouse). I stay here when I go on ski trips to Smithers. You also get a free full breakfast voucher for every day you are there that you can use at the restaurant.

aspeninnsmithers.com/

Hudson Bay Lodge is the nicest hotel, but it is by far the most expensive.

[quote=“bthedog”]Aspen Inn is pretty decent. It’s not top of the line (more average, but certainly not seedy or anything like that), but it’s more affordable and rooms are sufficient. It is also the only hotel in Smithers with an indoor pool and hot tub. They have one of the best restaurants in Smithers located in the hotel as well (The Riverhouse). I stay here when I go on ski trips to Smithers. You also get a free full breakfast voucher for every day you are there that you can use at the restaurant.

aspeninnsmithers.com/

Hudson Bay Lodge is the nicest hotel, but it is by far the most expensive.[/quote]

Thank you “bthedog”, much appreciated ! We are heading up for a photo shooting spree and the train “experience” so would you advise a car rental for the 2 days there ? I have only driven thru Smithers but would assume the best shots would be down the back roads.

Check out the Logpile Lodge if you want something a bit different. It’s maybe 10-15 minutes out of town and super beautiful. The owners built the whole thing themselves and they’re just the loveliest people. We stayed there a couple years ago and I’m dying to go back. Also stunning scenery out there on the country roads! :smile:

logpilelodge.com

ETA: I would definitely recommend renting a car, none of the really scenic places are within walking distance even if you do stay in a hotel downtown.

[quote=“kiks”]Check out the Logpile Lodge if you want something a bit different. It’s maybe 10-15 minutes out of town and super beautiful. The owners built the whole thing themselves and they’re just the loveliest people. We stayed there a couple years ago and I’m dying to go back. Also stunning scenery out there on the country roads! :smile:

logpilelodge.com

ETA: I would definitely recommend renting a car, none of the really scenic places are within walking distance even if you do stay in a hotel downtown.[/quote]

Thank you “kiks” I checked it out and it’s gorgeous. A definite possibility ! We decided to drive , couldn’t co-ordinate the train etc. so all good !!
Thanks everyone for your input !!