Sloooooooooooow

My computer is slower than heinz ketchup lately. Mozilla is constantly freezing for minutes at a time, whenever I play videos the action lags behind the sound until I click on the video window and it catches up, and things just basically haven’t been working right.

I’ve scanned it like crazy, with AVG, Spybot, AdAware etc and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Could I just need more RAM? Or do you think something else is screwy?

You seem to have a hell of a lot of trouble with your computers.
Did you buy another POS from Future Shop?

Time for a format.

I’m always surprised at how nice even the biggest POS computer can be after a format.

Format it, new install of Windows. It will even smell like a new car.

Actually, dude, this last batch of IBMs we received at CHSS really smelled nice. The new computer smell.

[quote=“MiG”]Time for a format.

I’m always surprised at how nice even the biggest POS computer can be after a format.

Format it, new install of Windows. It will even smell like a new car.

Actually, dude, this last batch of IBMs we received at CHSS really smelled nice. The new computer smell.[/quote]

Ah yes the new computer smell is quite terrific, especially with IBM’s where its kinda…minty. Thats teh stuff :smile:

I’m finally using XP. And to think just over a year ago I was still using 98, sniffs. I’m so proud of myself.

Sadly, it seems IBM is finally throwing in the towel in the PC business. Their PC division hasn’t made a profit in about 10 years, and they’re finally just going to sell it off.

So no more IBM-brand PeeCees. Sad. No Thinkpads either.

I guess we’d really rather have a ‘clone’…
Sell it to Dell. They’re the current ‘riding on just the brand name’ maker…

IBM’s support, especially in an institutional setting, was the best ever.

The thinkpads are the best laptops, second only to the powerbooks. Man, if we have to buy toshibas or dells, I’m quitting my job.

But you can take dump in your Dell, call Tech support and tell them what you did and they’re so desperate to be number one they’ll replace it free…
Besides you’re not supposed to have to call tech support :laughing:

[quote=“MiG”]IBM’s support, especially in an institutional setting, was the best ever.

The thinkpads are the best laptops, second only to the powerbooks. Man, if we have to buy toshibas or dells, I’m quitting my job.[/quote]

Whats wrong with toshiba or dell jeliouse that you cant get the certification’s to fix them ? or know how to fix them ?

Jealous, yes, that’s me. I’m jealous.

Thought so : O )

I laff cuz Dell sells so damn many they can farm out mobos. You loook and think oh-Asus such & such, but when you go to get drivers you find out they’re “Eight Flowering Precious Chairmans Mfg Inc” .

[quote=“jleaman”]

[quote=“MiG”]IBM’s support, especially in an institutional setting, was the best ever.

The thinkpads are the best laptops, second only to the powerbooks. Man, if we have to buy toshibas or dells, I’m quitting my job.[/quote]

Whats wrong with toshiba or dell jeliouse that you cant get the certification’s to fix them ? or know how to fix them ?[/quote]

For your own sake I hope that was sarcasm :confused:

Um no i was not joking why >? Toshiba is a great brand name one that is better OTHER than ibm ?