I’ve just finished setting up my dual boot Slackware 11.0, FreeBSD 6.1 system.
First I re-sized my sda2 root slackware partition. I did this by booting my computer with an Ubuntu 6.06 CD then re-sizing the partition with Gparted which worked flawlessly, creating room for BSD. I then used Gparted to create another partition.
I then booted my BSD install disks and installed FreeBSD 6.1 to the newly created partition. After the install I booted into Slackware and modified my lilo conf, then ran /sbin/lilo
Here’s my liloconf:
Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /boot/vmlinuz
root = /dev/sda2
label = Linux
Linux bootable partition config ends
I can now boot either Slackware or BSD with lilo:-)
Link to larger picture:
[original attachment deleted after 2 years]