Skeena Brewing Company

They also make a dark swill called Canterbury and an overproof brew that will get you ID’d as only someone 16-20 would drink the crap.
Those and the draft scared me away from trying any of their other products, so there may be a couple decent ones.

I will have to check out the Terrace stuff when it’s up and running.

Wasn’t Uncle Ben’s 12%?
Drink a six pack of those when you’re barely legal drinking age…or not…puke, then have a great old time.

[quote=“Bbop”]Wasn’t Uncle Ben’s 12%?
Drink a six pack of those when you’re barely legal drinking age…or not…puke, then have a great old time.[/quote]

I don’t think so, I’m pretty sure it was just regular 3.5% or 4.5 % ?
I tried another local micro brew last fall when we were in Smithers at a restaurant, it’s called plan B brewery? it was pretty good as well, but I haven’t seen it anywhere else.

Had to google it. There’s one more beer listed that has the tag ‘just say uncle’. It doesn’t say the alcohol content and it can’t be read off the label.

Of course this is way off ‘Skeena Brewing Company’ topic (sorry 'bout that) , but I remember that Uncle Ben’s started selling pop in the same brown glass bottle they sold beer in. That didn’t last too long. I’m guessing the government told them to stop. The police couldn’t tell who was walking around drinking beer or pop.

Uncle Ben also made an even more dreadful brand called “Old Blue” with a picture of an ox on the label. When the brewery shut down (74 -75 ?) a tractor-trailer appeared at the docks where my friends worked for Van Shell. $1.50 a dozen cash only. We bought over 250 cases.
You have no idea how many friends one has when word gets out you have 250 cases at your house… Old Blue was so bad we’d buy a 6 pack of normal beer and drink a couple of those first to numb the taste buds.
Best part of all: they raised the deposit a week later, and I remembered where we brought the empties in Burnaby for the Scout bottle-drives. We got 67c a dozen back recycling three pickups & a van worth of empties when all was done. That Old Blue only cost us 83c a dozen!
At the time I’d written an article on the minimum wage for the college paper.
"They want us to work for barely a case of beer per hour"
At the time minimum wage was $3.25 and a dozen beer cost $3.12. Imagine if minimum wages had kept up?

[quote=“chaos”]

[quote=“Bbop”]Wasn’t Uncle Ben’s 12%?
Drink a six pack of those when you’re barely legal drinking age…or not…puke, then have a great old time.[/quote]

I don’t think so, I’m pretty sure it was just regular 3.5% or 4.5 % ?
I tried another local micro brew last fall when we were in Smithers at a restaurant, it’s called plan B brewery? it was pretty good as well, but I haven’t seen it anywhere else.[/quote]

Cowpuccino’s was selling Plan B about a month ago. Probably still are.