Should RCMP Members be allowed to use Steroids?

Over the years of living in Prince Rupert, we get alot of young rookies. Quite a few of these young RCMP members work out and are concerned with their physique. Lots of these newcomers make friends with the locals. Over the years I have received confirmation from the girls that have dated the RCMP members, and even someone who supplied some of the RCMP members with steroids. Steriods are known to give people “roid rage”, where they are very moody, short tempered, and can sometimes get violent. One of my concerns is the amount of inappropriate beatings the police have been involved in over the years since I have started paying attention. Also another concern of mine is when an officer makes a mistake, they suspended with pay. How do you feel about they people we pay to protect us taking steroids with the possibility that they may lose their temper and treat someone inappropriately?

The R.C.M.P have far too much power in this hell riddin town regardless of them being steroid monkeys or not .

You know nothing about steroids, obviously. Roid rage is a myth and has been proven so long ago by dozens of studies published in medical journals, not some bullshit magazine article who’s only perpose is to entice you into buying it, a story saying “medical studies show roid rage is false” dont sell magazines or newspapers or increase viewers. Notice how when those results came in the media didnt say a goddamn word about it, their motives are always so obvious and most folks are too lazy to do any research of their own to find out if what they are parroting has any truth to it.
People like you are the reason papers like the national enquirer and the star type of garbage are able to exist and the people who put their lives on the line to protect you have to spend their time defending themselves against baseless accusations from fools like you who use their ignorance to draw attention to themselves at the expense of others. You have absolutely NO class.

So you obviously you use steroids, or are a cop, and let me guess that makes you classy ?

Exactly the opposite of what you said when the issue of vaccines causing autism came up. Despite what medical journals said, you believed the bullshit magazines because the medical journals were all in the pocket of big pharma.

Guess you’ve changed your mind, and now the medical journals are actually correct, and it’s the bullshit magazines that are wrong?

I have the highest respect for all of the RCMP members I have met. They have a difficult job and have to put up with a lot of abuse from the public.

As far as RCMP laying beatings on people, here is a tip. Don’t commit crimes. If you do commit a crime, don’t resist arrest. If you try to fight the RCMP you will lose and you will deserve it.

You are making a baseless allegation that RCMP members use steroids without presenting any factual evidence. Stop slandering the RCMP.

I guess that i’m on the same page as Gum , but I must say yes there are and have been some dam good officers but we must mention some rookies who have worked in our village who have been or tried to be John Waynes . But all in all we have had good cops working for our protection. If you know , suspect there are some blowing themselves up , then take it to the Brass .

What do I think?

1. RCMP (The newest batch from the last 2 years) have done a great job.
  2. You can tell when someone is “off” - a feeling I’ve had many times in the past with agressive RCMP officers in this town.
  3. Roids? You bet. Makes sense now with overly-agressive officers.
  4. Not okay, as an officer a “clear-head” is a necessary survival tool and also a liability if their head isn’t.
  5. Regularly scheduled hair tests should be mandatory. They do it in big industry for workers who aren’t NEARLY as important as RCMP officers.

Great people but as in all things - they need to be “better” than your average schmo!

[quote=“ChrisJ”]You know nothing about steroids, obviously. Roid rage is a myth and has been proven so long ago by dozens of studies published in medical journals, not some bullshit magazine article who’s only perpose is to entice you into buying it, a story saying “medical studies show roid rage is false” dont sell magazines or newspapers or increase viewers. Notice how when those results came in the media didnt say a goddamn word about it, their motives are always so obvious and most folks are too lazy to do any research of their own to find out if what they are parroting has any truth to it.
People like you are the reason papers like the national enquirer and the star type of garbage are able to exist and the people who put their lives on the line to protect you have to spend their time defending themselves against baseless accusations from fools like you who use their ignorance to draw attention to themselves at the expense of others. You have absolutely NO class.[/quote]

You seem pretty agressive about this issue. Roid rage? Or just anger over the small testicles? :wink:

The sad part is , that the roid users, are usually the ones that loose in the end .

I do agree that some of the RCMP members are on a power trip. Unless someone in a higher up position does something about it, they will continue to use. Let’s just hope they enjoy there “shrinkage”. LOL!!

rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pubs/adj/ann- … ex-eng.htm

November 21, 2008 Constable HQ Section 39 Possession of anabolic steroids Reprimand, forfeiture of 8 days’ pay and recommendation for professional counselling.

Also a nice read:

fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 … e-justice/

[quote=“Bob Loblaw”]

November 21, 2008 Constable HQ Section 39 Possession of anabolic steroids Reprimand, forfeiture of 8 days’ pay and recommendation for professional counselling.

Also a nice read:

fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 … e-justice/[/quote]

Offence: Neglect of duty; falsification of investigative notes
Discipline: Reprimand
I found some of those quite shocking! I find it bizzarre that the punishment for faking evidence is a simple reprimand?!! Any other job you would be fired for doing any of those types of things, it appears they most certainly protect and cover up most infractions in order to maintain the public’s trust which is weird cause that approach will bring about the complete opposite effect.

[quote=“Bob Loblaw”]

Also a nice read:

fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 … e-justice/[/quote]

How many thousand RCMP members are there? And out of all of those thousands of members, ONE was alleged to have been in possession of steroids. Sounds like an epidemic to me. Again, there is no factual evidence that local RCMP members abuse steroids, if anyone has evidence of this, bring it to the attention of their superiors and they will be dealt with.

Every so often I read about a teacher who was caught having sex with a teenage girl. Does this mean that all teachers are rotten? Hardly. We are human. Some of us commit grave offences and errors. To smear the entire RCMP because one member was alleged to have used steroids? That is wrong.

I pay the RCMP to protect me and my family against scum. They are doing a great job. Unlike most of my tax money, I consider this money well spent.

[quote=“gum”]

Also a nice read:

fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 … e-justice/

How many thousand RCMP members are there? And out of all of those thousands of members, ONE was alleged to have been in possession of steroids. Sounds like an epidemic to me. Again, there is no factual evidence that local RCMP members abuse steroids, if anyone has evidence of this, bring it to the attention of their superiors and they will be dealt with.

Every so often I read about a teacher who was caught having sex with a teenage girl. Does this mean that all teachers are rotten? Hardly. We are human. Some of us commit grave offences and errors. To smear the entire RCMP because one member was alleged to have used steroids? That is wrong.

I pay the RCMP to protect me and my family against scum. They are doing a great job. Unlike most of my tax money, I consider this money well spent.[/quote]

I completely agree. I’d say they should be “smeared” for being a gang of fools who think they are above the law and think its ok to shoot people and cover it up, taser people to death and try to cover it up, unlawfully contain citizens for hours for going grocery shopping in the ‘wrong’ area at the wrong time.

I’m sure there are quite a few better reasons to lambaste these bunch of morons than taking steroids. I realize there are some good cops but really they lose all credibility based on their silent support of their brethren.

Most people don’t realize that R.C.M.P are just like a biker gang, they cover up and protect themselves better than they protect the avrerage public.

I think it can be said that every organization has nefarious individuals. But, comparing the RCMP to a criminal organization like the Angels is a little over the top in my opinion.

[quote=“hitest”]

I think it can be said that every organization has nefarious individuals. But, comparing the RCMP to a criminal organization like the Angels is a little over the top in my opinion.[/quote]

I disagree. IMO the RCMP are worse than any biker gang. Quite simply they’re supposed to uphold the law not break it.

If one of their members is breaking the law the so called “good” members should speak up and help ensure the members that are committing the offenses are punished with impunity.

Instead they lie and cover up for the ‘bad’ members, employ delaying tactics try to wait out the statute of limitations and all the while while the ‘independent’ investigation is going on the member is on paid vacation as a punishment for his misdeeds.

At least the biker gangs acknowledge what they are doing is illegal and simply wave their middle finger at the law. In my opinion that is more honorable than pretending to uphold the law all the while protecting the worst offenders. I know quite a few RCMP members that are good people but in my opinion their silence on these issues speaks to their complete and utter lack of professional integrity.

The worst criminals are those who abuse their power and the RCMP have shown that they’re littered with the worst of the worst from the top to the bottom. I’m completely disgusted with the state of our policing and hope that our province ends the contract with this awful police force.

If you arent disgusted already then just read this article:

vancouversun.com/news/todays … story.html

or this one:

vancouversun.com/life/RCMP+o … z0zQmPg1J5

Docked 10 days pay? really thats a harsh punishment he should have been fired. If the so called “good” members want the publics respect its about time to speak up against this kind of bullshit. It looks bad on all of you not just the ‘bad apples’.

I will concede that it is shameful that the good officers do not blow the whistle on the bad members. The code of silence allows the misdeeds of some officers to go unchecked. The good officers are afraid of reprisals I suspect. However, just because the Angels flagrantly violate the law by dealing drugs, engaging in assassinations, and general mayhem does not in any way make them noble, jesus. Okay. They don’t hide the fact that they’re miscreants. So what? My point is that comparing the RCMP to a rogue biker gang does not completely ring true.
The RCMP has some bad elements. True. But, they are not all career criminals.

[quote=“hitest”]

I will concede that it is shameful that the good officers do not blow the whistle on the bad members. The code of silence allows the misdeeds of some officers to go unchecked. The good officers are afraid of reprisals I suspect. However, just because the Angels flagrantly violate the law by dealing drugs, engaging in assassinations, and general mayhem does not in any way make them noble, jesus. Okay. They don’t hide the fact that they’re miscreants. So what? My point is that comparing the RCMP to a rogue biker gang does not completely ring true.
The RCMP has some bad elements. True. But, they are not all career criminals.[/quote]

Not all, no but some absolutely. Take the recent case where the VPD? officer was charged with dealing drugs and assault for trying to ‘muscle’ some other low life. You can be damn sure one of his ‘brothers’ knew what he was up to but refused to blow the whistle. Sitting by while crimes are committed by other officers and keeping quiet should be a very serious crime and unfortunately it appears it is not.

Career criminals? perhaps not but ethically challenged individuals most definitely. Perhaps the comparison to the HA was a bit much but hey at least the hells angels seem to have better control of their low level guys unlike the RCMP :wink: