Server 2003

Can anyone tell me a link where I can find out exactly what comes with various editions of Server 2003? MS site is just freaking impossible, all I want is comparison.
IE: I know Server Edition For Small Business Premium includes MS SQL.
Does Server 2003 Standard?

WhereTF do you buy half the stuff they sell, for ex MS SQL to add to the cheapest version?

and Why TF do people even want crap that comes in 5 or 6 $1000 modules ans ‘client licences’ instead of a whole server package? Don’t answer that cuz it’s always some MS fundamentalist wrote their accounting software specifically not to work with MySQL…

I run 2003 server right now for my main computer for the last year i love it… I got a free Legit copy for the person i do work for.

Pm me…

Notice how “Server” uses (somewhat) logical directory structuring just like Linux? We’ve aet up three Small Business 2003 networks lately, the guy that needed SQL already had it.
Wish they’d used Linux cuz I coulda made more, learned more and charged them less. I hear Windows web servers have improved too. We used to laugh at our competition at work fixing his NT machine every other night and post stuff like Last server reboot 937 days ago. Go RedHat! on our web page just to rub it in. He used to brag his was a “Quad Xeon” and we hat an old Touch P2-233 for web & mail and a 486 for radius and MySQL.
I finally found a supplier today and sent in my dealer app, but got no response yet. What does the IT industry have against hiring British guys named Nigel or even a Yank named Bubba? Getting sick of phone calls from people speaking English so bad I have to think about what they just said for ten minutes. Big feecha sale today on seepyoo. Sevv fifty dolla on aimdee.

I’m actually impress with windows 2003 server it’s pretty stable and works really well. I have been running it on a p4 2.6 with 256mb ram and a 60gig hdd.

SBS Standard doesn’t come with SQL Server. SBS Premium adds a 5 CAL copy of SQL Server. Between the standard and small business editions of Server, there is a few differences as well. There’s a few features removed from the small business version. I can’t think of it off the top of my head, but I just ordered in a copy for a customer at work, so when that comes in, I’ll tell you.

For the regular copies of Server, the only real differences are in the number of processors supported and RAM supported. Your right about the Microsoft site. It’s useless for finding information on Server. The only reason I know some of this info is both from school, and ordering the items in for customers at work. If you need to order some stuff, check out the website of the place I work, FrontierPC.

Shameless plug!

[quote=“mrbios”]SBS Standard doesn’t come with SQL Server. SBS Premium adds a 5 CAL copy of SQL Server. Between the standard and small business editions of Server, there is a few differences as well. There’s a few features removed from the small business version. I can’t think of it off the top of my head, but I just ordered in a copy for a customer at work, so when that comes in, I’ll tell you.

For the regular copies of Server, the only real differences are in the number of processors supported and RAM supported. Your right about the micros~1 site. It’s useless for finding information on Server. The only reason I know some of this info is both from school, and ordering the items in for customers at work. If you need to order some stuff, check out the website of the place I work, FrontierPC.[/quote]

Hey russ what do you think of them new mobile A64 Acer laptops ?

Thank you. You just answered what the Supercom, Tech Data and Ingram Micro sales rep and an hour on the MS site couldn’t.
And confirmed my belief in business, that incompetence and inefficiency is somehow related to the number of management personnel squared.

I bookmarked the site offering SBS 2003 Prem. for $699 on the direct retail interface. Which is weird as it’s listed for $1261 OEM not in stock by my regular supplier (who didn’t know)…

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
Thank you. You just answered what the Supercom, Tech Data and Ingram Micro sales rep and an hour on the MS site couldn’t.
And confirmed my belief in business, that incompetence and inefficiency is somehow related to the number of management personnel squared.

I bookmarked the site offering SBS 2003 Prem. for $699 on the direct retail interface. Which is weird as it’s listed for $1261 OEM not in stock by my regular supplier (who didn’t know)…[/quote]

You know, I really cant blame them for not knowing. As part of my network telecom program we had to learn a bit of the licensing uhh issues? with MS products and my head still hurts from that. On the other hand I guess it is there job, whats with all the people in the IT industry who cant do their job… and why do they get paid more than me :cry: