Seriously Nathan

[quote=“Jabber63”]
oh and for your information I don’t think the government should give any company no matter how big any money to help them out if they are going bankrupt, whether that is the car industry or pulp mills, changing regulations is one thing since no money would go to them[/quote]

I would like to see fewer tax breaks for huge companies and tax relief for working families. The taxes gleaned from large companies could go towards funding health care and education.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“Jabber63”]
oh and for your information I don’t think the government should give any company no matter how big any money to help them out if they are going bankrupt, whether that is the car industry or pulp mills, changing regulations is one thing since no money would go to them[/quote]

I would like to see fewer tax breaks for huge companies and tax relief for working families. The taxes gleaned from large companies could go towards funding health care and education.[/quote]

That sounds great but healthy companies is what drives the economy and allows people to have jobs. If companies aren’t doing well then we all lose. I’m all for easing the burden on working families as well but shouldn’t necessarily bite the hand that feeds us.

Why even consider further tax breaks? If its profitable they’ll build the LNG plant, if its not they won’t.

I agree. But what kind of profit are we taking in order to make it feasible? $100? $1,000,000? $1,000,000,000? Petronas for example is proposed to invest $36 billion into their lng project. That’s already a huge influx of cash into the economy. All of those workers income tax, gst, property taxes, first nations cash settlements, etc. How much more to we want to take? It has to be fair.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]
That sounds great but healthy companies is what drives the economy and allows people to have jobs. If companies aren’t doing well then we all lose. I’m all for easing the burden on working families as well but shouldn’t necessarily bite the hand that feeds us.[/quote]

European countries (Scandinavian) tax big oil and it helps their economies prosper. Better health care, better education, better minimum wage for all workers. I think taxing multi-national companies is something to consider. Even with increased taxes they will continue to rake in billions. Everyone wins.

http://i.imgur.com/UMf0fDfl.jpg

Ever wonder why Alberta’s finances are in crap shape, even after all those years of high oil prices?

“Look in the mirror”, says Premier Jim. lol

Norway is good example of how an natural resources could be handled. Having a system like that would be great, but we don’t. The system could have been changed a long time ago but it wasn’t. For what it’s worth, norway is also one of the most expensive places to live. Everyone and everything is taxed very high and those with higher salaries don’t necessarily bring home more money.

We have the system that we voted for. The system does not work.

Sure it works. We get a new Crime Bill every 49 hours.

Yaawwwnn…

Hahahaha :smile: