Semaphore timeout period?

tinyurl.com/2asun

Why does it say “Nigerian yellowcake” when there is no Nigerian yellowcake? One of these days I’m going to kick this piece of shit out the window, I mean it…

[quote="“Terrible” Terry Tate, office linebacker"]
Hold on, suckah! You can’t walk away from a K-22 paper jam![/quote]

Hello Everyone!

I have kind the same problem. I have Win XP Pro. When I try to put the domain on the computer they give me this message :

Computer Name Changes (screen)

The following error occurred attempting to join the domain “the name of my domain” : The semaphore timeout period has expired. :cry:

The computer is a dell and is new. I change the computer to connect thru another switch and have the same error. :imp: I received an Ip address, Gateway I can see pages have ping the only problem is when I try to put the domain on that computer. :blush:

Please if you know how to help me let me know :bulb:

Thanks

is it xp home or xp Pro…?

xp pro i reckon, as he said in his msg

This guy’s grasp of the english language is obviously weak, and yet he spells and punctuates far better than you do. Really makes you think.

it was a joke you tard…

support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=325487

I’d try simple things first if you’re getting the IP address but not joining domain, check for computername in use, check for exact domain spelling, then try another port in router.
Or nuke the settings and run the wizard. Maybe weirdness in the host announce or something.

Oh and if it’s a wireless connection reply with help Jason :laughing:

so im the wireless person now : O) haha… like i say experience is best…

I already change the port on the router. And I check on 2 different router and still have the same message. I change the computer name to another one, and when i try to do that they ask me for the username name and password on my domain, i put that and then I have that error.

the connection its supposed to be 100MBPS but when try to see pages, still opening pages very slow, like kind of loop or something.

Is not wireless.
:blush: :cry: :unamused:

Well i have had this problem too… when you put that wrong pass word in for that user a few times it locks that person out… maybe go on the server and see if that person is disabled or locked.

Is not that, I try to log using the administrator account of that domain, my account that have administrator priviledge and is the same error.
Is not locked because I used that account all the day on a lot of computer if was lock I already new when I try to connect to another computer.

The weird thing is that the first day I connect that computer, logs to the domain, then pass like an hour, and looks like the domain is not there. You know that when you log to a computer using a network user and password she create a profile on the computer. For example
username is cuchi
password is 12345
domain is thisisatest

Then When I put the log information, the os ( windows xp pro (PROFESSIONAL) ) create a profile with that user cuchi and that password 12345
So you supposed if for example you dont have the network cable plug in, you can access to the profile using the username cuchi and the password 12345 but you will not enter to the domain because the network cable is not plug in.

I explain all that because when the computer detect that I dont have a domain over there ( is like dissapear ) I try to use the profile I create and dont let me enter with the password I put or the other profiles password, only accept me as administrator on that computer.

My bad, then. I didn’t get the humour. Must be over my head.

Sounds like a radical gutstecotomy is needed. Rip out the NIC, get a new cable, delete all the settings and try again. If that fails, see plan B

PlanB: when all else fails, call in sick. Then when the other tech fixes it, get him drunk and get him to spill the beans…

I had one last week, new HDD new XP install. Plugged back in got ‘network cable unplugged’ error. Any other computer (tried 3 laptops) worked fine. Tried 3 different Network cards, then XP repair function. Still the same. Ran a 50 ft cable down the hall, it worked fine. Plugged in the house wire, ‘cable unplugged’ message. Redid cable end. No luck only works on the temp cable, but every other systems works fine on house cable… WTF???

some network cards have a ? meaning that they are sensitive or not… some cards just simply don’t care… i have sen this a few time’s… mostly with laptops though… that is weird… How is the wireless stuff doing ?

all working great! new thing to figure out, plugged in my Mandrake box and the whole workgroup goes unavailable on the windows boxes. must’ve screwed somthing in the samba settings…

yeah it might be telling all the other computers that it is the new server not the other one… i have had that when i had mine… i just changed some settings…

www.mandrakeuser.org i love this site…