Seafest 2013

prspecialevents.com/files/Do … ochure.pdf

1pm-4pm FAST & FURIOUS ART BATTLE
Organizer: PR Community Arts Council; 3rd Ave. W. at 2nd St.
Competitors have 20 minutes to create with acrylic paint! Audience watches,
votes, prizes awarded, paintings donated to community. 12 canvases only so
pre-register at prcac@citytel.net. Also Children’s Art Activity Tent all day

The Prince Rupert Arts Council Looking for competitors for the First Annual - Fast and Furious Art Battle – a live competitive painting event taking place on Seafest Saturday on 3rd Ave. (June 8th, 2013) in Prince Rupert.

WHAT IS the Fast and Furious Art Battle?

Art Battle is a live competitive painting. Competitors are given 20 minutes to create the best work they can. As they work, Seafest goers will have the opportunity to move around the easels, closely watching the creative process. The medium is acrylic paint and the tools allowed are brushes, palette knives or any non-mechanical implements. Over the course of the Day, the audience votes democratically for their favourite painting - (Prizes will be Awarded).

There is no fee for entering the Battle however the Artwork created will be donated to the community following the event.

is there age categories? or is it for adults?

Nice weather forecast for this weekend “NOT” We have been pretty lucky the last few years with at least a mixed bag. They are calling for rain both days. Hopefully the weather gods can manage to change it.

Been changing daily the weather forcast

I never trust the forecast.
It could say 90% chance of rain sometimes, and we will be sitting outside in the sun. Even if it does rain, we always have fun! (shameless plug) Come check out the car show on third ave and enter the Prince Rupert Auto Clubs reaction time contest!

it is for all ages… we have just one catagory!

Seafest go-ers.

New this year the Prince Rupert Community Arts Council (artsprincerupert.ca) is hosting a Fast and Furious Art Battle. Contestants will face off against each other in a live competitive painting process. Painters create the best work they can in 20 minutes. As they work, the public can move around the easels, closely watching the creative process. Tents will be set up on the sidewalk of Third Ave. (you will find us near 323 3rd Ave W). The booth is open from 1-4 on Saturday the 8th of June.

Please come down and Vote for your FAVOURITE PAINTING!

Contestants are registered the schedule is as follows!

1:00 – 1:30 pm Robin Knox, Lucy Heffernan & Ben Tour
1:30 – 2: 00 pm Amanda Hurlburt & William White
2:00 – 2:30 pm Annabelle Hill, Veronica Basso & Connie Wilson
2:30 – 3:00pm Nicole Rudderham & Lise Fish
3:00 – 3:30 pm Brenda Brown & Joan Mostad & Katie Brown

Since I don’t have the pleasure of being there for SeaFest this year, is there any chance that photos of the artists work will be posted?

yes you can keep a watch on artsprincerupert.ca for the art to be posted. I haven’t uploaded the photos yet but i will. or you can join us on facebook where photos will also be posted: facebook.com/groups/132025923485112/

cheers

[quote=“Midnight”]yes you can keep a watch on artsprincerupert.ca for the art to be posted. I haven’t uploaded the photos yet but i will. or you can join us on facebook where photos will also be posted: facebook.com/groups/132025923485112/

cheers[/quote]

Excellent, thanks so much!