Science or Quackery?

Man, 10000 times the speed of light is fast.

Wow, I had no idea there were so many out there wanting to do battle with love and light!!!

Maybe someone can attempt to support an arguement rather than fight it.  How about attempting to discover when a PH’d was accepted as a measure of intelligence. I’m sure I was off a couple decades.  Guess I should be ridiculed eh?

Yup Hawkings has a PH’d, and so do many of those that study and produce these facts, my only point was that just because one doesn’t, doesn’t mean their thoughts are pointless, which is the point Hawking makes.

The examples of “Mom” are for conceptual purposes to assist you in understanding.

Some people die of thirst when there is a glass of water sitting in front of them. 

Like the phrase "you can lead a horse to water. . . "

oh, and I did review the links provided and they added no enlightenment to the topic.

I might suggest you search out entanglement and spend some time with it.

I am not swift with the quote and post abilities so I am at a bit of a handicap here.  I guess I could be ridiculed for that too.

With Love, Respect and Compassion,

Papa Merv

With such a statement, I’m wondering if you think of yourself as one of the keepers of love and light, one of the “enlightened few”.
Didn’t I say that I respected your noble intentions and that I too aspired to spreading good around me?  But I separate my attitude from the pseudo-science.  Positive thinking is an emotional state of mind and it obviously has some physiological effect but it’s not going to change the wind direction or make objects levitate or whatever else I would want my will to be able to do.

Having a PhD isn’t a measure of intelligence.  But, in science, it is a sign that one has worked within the boundaries of testable evidence and reproducible results.  Of course someone without a PhD can come up with great ideas that are testable and reproducible.  But such person must be ready to accept the scrutiny that scientists will surely use to check the claims.  And this is where the pseudo-science charlatans have problems: They make a claim;They sell their books; Science steps in and says “Prove your claim”; They say to science “We don’t have to prove anything to you because you are wrong.  Many scientific theories have been proven wrong”; Then they try to discredit science instead of subjecting their claim to objective scrutiny. 

I don’t understand why you feel ridiculed.  I think I have been very careful not to insult you or freeflyer.  However, I will continue to maintain that what you say about quantum physics and it’s macroscopic effects is quackery.  Like some of the links I provided say, classical physics is good at explaining things at the human scale while quantum theory is good at explaining things at the particle level.  Mixing the two the way you do it is not science.

Not being able to quote isn’t the problem with your posts.  Providing no real testable evidence for your claims is a major problem.

However, continue to think positive but please leave the preaching of pseudo-science out of it.

well you ALL need to come to the understanding that you all seem to know alot about what your talking about on both sides, and most of you know very little about the other side. you need to read more than 1 or 2 documents to understand what it is your trying to slam before you make a firm slam of the other side because if reading a bit and then putting it in to practice is being an expert i’m very happy to say i am the foremost leading expert on wounds and wound management in all of b.c. if not canada!  instead of attacking the otherside why not try to understand why they see it the way they do, then try to give your thoughts on what they say about it with out trying to make them feel or look like they don’t know shit! cuz until you are using more then 10% of your brain, say maybe 75% you are just not going to know one way or the other on this topic. maybe i’m wrong but i could be right.

freeflyer and papamerv i’m sure you know that the fear of what they don’t understand is what drives them to lash out. this is how it’s been through the ages and i’m sure it will continue for many more life times than it should, this is what makes there kind so easy to control as there actions are dictated by there lack of response. they are the sheep and i thank you for having enough pride in your belief to try to get your way of thinking out there and for not going with the flow. i don’t fully understand your way of thinking but i do enjoy the comments you have made. with an open mind all things are possible!

as a great man once said peace,love and chicken grease!  :smiley:

root@localhost:>pseudo apt-get science
Failed: Dependency error. logic.101 not installed…

root@localhost:>

Not only was Noah’s ark huge, it was also very fast.

With no oars, paddles, sails or propellers.
Proof that alien technology was around in ancient times.

cd /home/newage/brain

make install clean

*Error Code 1

*missing iq library