School enrollment

I can probably just get my answer by phoning the school tomorrow, but if anyone has an answer tonight for me, that’d be great.

I have a child in French Immersion K at Westview, who will be switching to Roosevelt when the French programme moves there next school year. Do I have to do anything to enroll her? Or is it an automatic thing? Thanks.

[quote=“Princess of Power”]I can probably just get my answer by phoning the school tomorrow, but if anyone has an answer tonight for me, that’d be great.

I have a child in French Immersion K at Westview, who will be switching to Roosevelt when the French programme moves there next school year. Do I have to do anything to enroll her? Or is it an automatic thing? Thanks.[/quote]

Here found this on the SD website, it should help you out and answer some questions, though it can’t hurt to phone in the morning and confirm everything before you reach the last minute.

sd52.bc.ca/sd52root/wp-content/u … an2011.pdf

Nope, you won’t have to re-enroll your child there. Your child is in the FI program and will continue in it once it moves to Roosevelt.
Westview School, as well as all the other schools, will as every year ask parents sometime in the spring what their plans for the upcoming school year are, whether they move to a different catchment etc., so they can plan the staffing of the schools accordingly. So once you’ll see that note in the school newsletter you may let them know about your plans.