Sailing yacht ethereal

Does anyone have the scoop on why this yacht has been anchored out by Rushbrook Floats for almost 3 wks. now? An internet search reveals that it’s worth $50,000,000.00 , 190ft. long, 37 ft.beam, main mast is 180ft. tall. Here’s the kicker it charters for 225,000 Euros a week! That’s pretty close to $300,000! The owner is Bill Joy, the co-founder of Sun Microsystems. Just curious as to why such a costly yacht would be anchored in Rupert for so long.

waiting for the owner…

They’re updating their GPS maps over Citywest internet. Could be a couple more weeks at this rate.

Yes I can see it from my front room window. I Googled it and the charter amount I saw was 250,000 Euros a month.
The description of it’s normal area of operatin is the Mediterranean, so it is a bit unusual to see it here.
There must be some very rich people in the area who can just doddle in this back water for this price.

[quote=“97 B-LINE”]Yes I can see it from my front room window. I Googled it and the charter amount I saw was 250,000 Euros a month.
The description of it’s normal area of operatin is the Mediterranean, so it is a bit unusual to see it here.
There must be some very rich people in the area who can just doddle in this back water for this price.[/quote]

Or, maybe they enjoy the quiet, relaxing atmosphere of a place like Prince Rupert. Not to mention the scenery.
Prince Rupert isn’t a “back water town” to everyone you know…

Don’t you mean wireshark.

You know you’re a network nerd if you snorted at that remark. Snort.

[quote=“MiG”]

You know you’re a network nerd if you snorted at that remark. Snort.[/quote]

Yup Pretty sure that’s rule id 9929

thats not a yacht…it has sails, the general rule here is if it has sails its a dingy

no your all wrong its here with a very wealthy business man comeing to town to see
the port from what i hear its lee ki shing he owns the port of hong kong and he wants this port.

Finally ! I knew we would get to the buttom of this lol thanks ajaye

[quote=“ajaye46”]no your all wrong its here with a very wealthy business man comeing to town to see
the port from what i hear its lee ki shing he owns the port of hong kong and he wants this port.[/quote]

Just saying… :smile:

Also,

I for the life of me cannot believe that you would doubt ajaye

Or this …

[quote=“MiG”]

You know you’re a network nerd if you snorted at that remark. Snort.[/quote]

Also the first rule of snort is you don’t talk about snort. Word tends to get around though since snorts interfaces are rather… promiscuous.

[quote=“Soggy”]Or this …

http://www.brandidentityguru.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/spotted-dick.gif[/quote]

You might wanna get that checked out.

or this

eeewww

I made a post re: The Sailing Yacht Ethereal. In that post I referred to Prince Rupert as “A back water”.
I was commenting from an economic standpoint.
I have to accept Bubba Steve’s admonition. The basic beauty and unspoiled environment which
we have here in Prince Rupert is unsurpassed. I was sitting on my deck this evening. The Sun was shining and the
breeze was fresh. What more could you ask for?