Rupert Runnings Hosting Learn to Run 2013 Program

Rupert Runners Running Club is again hosting a Learn to Run Program, (Couch to 10k) starting February 12, 2013. Pre registration will be at the Prince Rupert Public Library in the Multi-Purpose Room on Feb. 2 at 1:00 pm and Feb. 6 at 7:00 pm. Fee is $30, which gets you membership for one year with the Club bcathletics.org/main/index.htm. The program runs for 13 weeks and culminates on May 11, 2013 for the Crest Glory Days Event (5 and 10k Races). The program runs 3 times a week, meeting at the Charles Hays High School Track, Tues and Thur at 5:15pm and Sundays at 10:30am. The program follows a proven 13 Week gradual walk/run plan developed by the Sport Medicine Council of British Columbia and uses local experienced runners from the community who are volunteering their time to help runners achieve success in the program.

For more information, email contact@rupertrunners.com

A bump and a testimonial.

I joined the Learn2Run program last year and in October I ran my first half marathon. It starts very gradually - more walking than running - but by the end of the program you will be able to run 10K.

Hope to see you at the track.

Just a reminder that registration takes place in the library multi-purpose room tomorrow (Saturday) at 1:00.

Reminder about registering for Learn2Run. Wednesday night. 7:00 pm. At the library.

Learn to Run, Couch to 10 k run/walk program starts tomorrow at CHSS track. Tues Feb. 12 at 5:!5, you can still register.