Rupert Nite in Vancouver

By popular demand, we are having another Rupert Nite. It will be on Saturday, October 16, 2010, in the Maritime Labour Centre, Vancouver.

We will not be sending out newsletters. We’re contacting people by Email and phone. If you know anybody that might be interested, please pass this information along. Also, if you have Email addresses that we may not have, we would appreciate getting them, so we can contact even more people. It will be a great time to organize reunions - family, class, or any other kind of reunion that you can think of.

We will be happy to reserve tables for your reunion and do what we can to help with this. Please let us know ASAP if you are planning a reunion and we will include that information in our next Email.

We will have a lot more information soon, and will send it out to you. In the meantime, please feel free to call me at 604-299-4599 or Email me at sheilakay@shaw.ca.

Sheila Dorval (Bennett)
Secretary
Rupert Nite Committee

299? You a Burna-being now?

God knows there are more Ex-Rupretites living in the lower mainland and Vancouver Island than live in our rainy little village any more, have fun, I used to go to them when I lived in Vancouver there was always always lots of old people, and now I almost are one. LOL

No, just passing on the message.

You are invited to attend the
52nd Prince Rupert Nite Dinner & Dance
Saturday, October 16, 2010 at the
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph at Victoria Drive
Vancouver

Cocktails 5:00 P.M.
Dinner 7:00 P.M.
Dancing 9:00 P.M.

Tickets $50

Your Rupert Nite Committee

President: Anita Miele 604-271-0977
Secretary: Sheila Dorval 604-299-4599
Treasurer: Ken McKinnon 604-731-1378
Pat Hill 604-297-0318
Diana Davidson 604-731-0856
Angie McPherson 604-434-6047

REUNIONS
Class of ‘50
E-Mail enidd1932@shaw.ca
We heard that the class of ‘60 had a very successful reunion in Prince Rupert. It would be great if somebody from that class would organize a get together for Rupert Nite as well. No such thing as too many parties.
If you are planning a reunion at Rupert Nite, please let us know and we will make sure to reserve tables for you, and give any help we can.

THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
2889 EAST HASTINGS ST., VANCOUVER
WILL OFFER A RATE OF $89.00 PLUS TAXES FOR THE NIGHT OF
OCTOBER 16, 2010, BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
THE COST FOR EXTRA PERSON(S) IS $15 PER PERSON
RESERVATIONS ARE BASED ON AVAILABILITY AT THE TIME YOU CALL, AND WILL INCLUDE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
TO RESERVE CALL 604-254-1000
AND TELL THEM IT’S FOR THE PRINCE RUPERT REUNION

We plan on having name tags ready to pick up at Rupert Nite for all guests attending. When you send in your cheque, please include the names of each person you are paying for. We would also like the maiden names of the ladies. We need to receive your payment at least a week in advance of Rupert Nite, as the caterers need to know how many people to prepare for. We are not sending out any information by mail, so if you know anybody that might be interested, and may have been missed, please pass on this information by phone or E-Mail. Judging by the response we’ve had so far, we expect to have a great turnout.

To order tickets by mail, please fill out the following and send it to:

Sheila Dorval,
#94 – 3550 Adanac Street,
Vancouver, B. C. V5K 4Y6

Please make cheque/money order payable to “Prince Rupert Nite”

Please send me _______tickets @ $50.00 per person

Name:__________________________________  Grad Class_________

Street Address:______________________________________________

City:_____________________  Prov._______  Postal Code___________

Telephone:_____________________     E-Mail_____________________

Tickets are for:    ____________________________________

Many of you already have your Rupert Nite tickets or have mailed in your payment. Some of you have let me know that you aren’t able to attend. If you plan on attending, but don’t have your tickets yet, we must receive your payment no later than Friday, October 8th. We have to let the caterer know by Saturday the 9th how many people to expect. Because of this we will not be able to sell tickets at the door. We can’t hold tickets that we haven’t received payment for as unfortunately, in the past a number of people have called to ask us to hold tickets, and haven’t shown up. We pay for the number of dinners ordered, not for the number of people who actually attend. I hope this won’t be an inconvenience. Hope to see you there.

Please make your cheque out to: Prince Rupert Nite

And mail it to: Sheila Dorval
#94 – 3550 Adanac Street,
Vancouver, B. C.
V5K 4Y6

Sheila Dorval (Bennett)
604-299-4599 sheilakay@shaw.ca