Rogers wireless service is still weeks away

The third would be cellular provider for the North Coast has run into a few delays in its plans to introduce service to Prince Rupert and area.

Rogers Communications which originally had hoped to be up and running by November has revised its forecast and hope to have their popular service in operation on the North coast in the first quarter of 2008…

( from  the blog a town called podunk,  click on the link below to see the entire article  atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 1818823550 ) –

any updates on this?

ya dont expect it up and running until april 2008…

here’s what was said in the paper:

From that quote, I’d say February or March.

The “First Quarter” ends March 31st.

[quote]From that quote, I’d say February or March.

The “First Quarter” ends March 31st.[/quote]

thats why I said April, as nothing in this town starts when it suppose to…

look at our data cell phone plans were suppose to be running Jan 08,2008 know its pushed to Jan 21, 2008.

LOL

Are they planning to cover the entire highway 16 from Rupert to Terrace? We could sure use that at work as we use satellite phones to call in for safety checks and those often don’t find a signal. Our sat phones can be programmed to seek out cell service first if it’s available.

Here’s the original announcement.  It isn’t completely clear if they’re planning to cover the entire highway 16 to Terrace ( that would be great if they did that).

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2007/13/c8467.html