Roger's cell phone bill

Watch out for long distance charges on your upcoming bill. My bill had over $100 in l/d charges. The operator said that it showed i was in pg from nov. 16/dec.6, which i wasn’t. I told him they upgraded to 3g, n he checked it out and he said that was why. I got the credit back, but just thought i would give u guy’s the heads up.

Always watch Roger’s invoices. They will try to rip you off any chance they can. Sheesh, even this month I had to phone them cause they billed me a “Rogers” monthly charge for a Pay as you Go contract I already paid for. Yes, on the same number, double dipping at its finest. A couple of months ago I was a year past contract obligations and they tried to tell me I agreed to another three year contract when I went to cancel. After 30 minutes of telling them I did no such thing, I finally told them do what you must, but when you lay a claim to a credit reporting agency I will argue it; I was put on hold for 1 minute and they came back and said they were mistaken. I had business with them over 15 years and I cannot begin to tell you the amount of times they have overcharged me and I had to call to correct. More than once I got extra charges for sms messages when my plan included unlimited sms. I don’t want to even talk about the bullshit I went through transferring my phone to a Rupert address and finally getting a local number after 4 failed attempts 2 months later. The more I think back, the more I get pissed at them. Anywhoo watch your invoices and don’t let them bully you.

And this is why, even with all of the bullshit, I like Citywest.

Cause guess what? If I have a problem with citywest, I can walk in and scream at someone…

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]And this is why, even with all of the bullshit, I like Citywest.

Cause guess what? If I have a problem with citywest, I can walk in and scream at someone…[/quote]

Never had a problem with my provider that required screaming. Citywest on the other hand… well we’re getting there.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]And this is why, even with all of the bullshit, I like Citywest.

Cause guess what? If I have a problem with citywest, I can walk in and scream at someone…[/quote]

I dropped my CityWest cell plan because of poor connectivity. I fully realize that Rogers is evil so I do carefully scrutinize my Rogers bill each month. So far I’ve had good luck when I call them with questions. To the original poster: Thank you for the heads-up. :smile:
I much prefer the Rogers network to CityWest.
I have a land line and a poor ADSL connection with CityWest.

i had a bill the same it was in total of 300 and they knocked off 150 … she said exactly the same to me saying i was in prince george from this time to that time which i wasnt. DAMN YOU ROGERS I HATE YOU.

i miss my cellphone bill only being 80 or less dollars…

I had the same thing. They said that it looked like I was in Prince George which I wasn’t. They took the charges off. What they said is that if their tower is out by some chance then it goes to the next tower. I told them that I highly doubt that Prince George is their next nearest tower, but they said there can be a lot of distance between towers. I still doubt it. Good thing I checked my bill is all I can say.

They are full of shit its not possible. Apparently due to one of citywests misconfigurations I took a nice winter vacation to Nunavut… they tried the same thing with me ‘it will connect to the closest tower’ if my phone can connect to a tower in Nunavut why the hell do I ever run into a blackout area?

I live in Terrace. Rogers had my phone in Port Edward. I called them, they said they knw about the problem, and it happened when they switched their towers to 3G. I bet they programmed the components before installing them, and the installers didn’t realize that each bit was supposed to go to a specific tower, and just installed them at random.

No big deal, they know about it, and are adjusting bills.

They gave me a $50 credit on top of the adjustment.