RIP Luc Bourdon

Very sad news from the hockey/ Canuck world
canada.com/theprovince/news/ … ba438bfd6f

That is so sad.

21 years old…far too young!  He had a bright future in front of him with the Canucks.

I agree. He’s only my age.
Stuff likes this makes me want to get more out of life. As much as I can. Because you never know when life is going to be snapped away from you. :frowning:

Rest In Peace Luc.
We hardly knew ye.

Bourdon died near his hometown of Shippagan NB.  Everyone there is in shock.  He meant a lot for the people of Northern New Brunswick as he showed that small town folks can achieve pretty good results with hard work and perseverance.  It’s a great tragedy.  He will be missed by many.  The Facebook group (En souvenir de Luc Bourdon.) is already at over 650 members.

The saddest part for this little town is that this accident will bring back memories of another one.  Yannick Degrace, also from Shippagan,  was a prospect goaltender on the Philadelphia Flyers farm system.  He died in a car accident about 7 years ago.  His brother, Bernard was an NHL linesman for a few years. 

Both Bourdon and Degrace were well liked in this community and the surrounding area.

This is a terrible tragedy!  My heart goes out to his friends and family. :frowning:

Rest In Peace.

He was only a month younger than me, but accomplished more in a few years than I will in my entire life. His life was cut much too short.

/unrelated note: go pens

You shouldn’t compare your life with others like this.  If you are a good person to people around you, if you find some passion in your life and if you try hard at everything you do, you’ll have accomplished a lot.  Understandably, playing in the NHL is a great accomplishment.  But so is raising kids in today’s world, working hard in uncertain economic times and earning respect from good deeds in this era of the cult of personality.
Comparing what you do to others has a certain merit but shouldn’t be the only yardstick by which you measure yourself.