Religion

Such a slow weekend on the Mainframe! I hesitate to break the impass
but what the hell.

During these serious and troubled times, people of all faiths should remember these four great religious truths:

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God’s Chosen People.
  2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
  3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian world.
  4. Baptists do not recognize each other at the liquor store.

People of ALL faiths should remember this one truth:

Your religion will be the downfall of all humanity. There’s nothing wrong with personal beliefs, but as soon as you institutionalize and congregrate, every religion is dangerous and discriminatory.

Jesus approves this message.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]People of ALL faiths should remember this one truth:

Your religion will be the downfall of all humanity. There’s nothing wrong with personal beliefs, but as soon as you institutionalize and congregrate, every religion is dangerous and discriminatory.

Jesus approves this message.[/quote]

Yes, when one sees the actions taken in the name of religion it’s not hard to believe. Someone writes Revelations and the world’s religions make it their goal to bring it to life. Ironic??

Your religion will be the downfall of all humanity.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with believing in a deity, being spiritual, or being an atheist. It’s just the extreme nutters trying to ruin our day are the ones to be concerned with.

I find it odd that some devout atheist are growing fond with buddhism.

Jesus approves this message.[/quote]

I am jesus and I approve of this message (for the right price).

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]Your religion will be the downfall of all humanity. There’s nothing wrong with personal beliefs, but as soon as you institutionalize and congregrate, every religion is dangerous and discriminatory.
[/quote]

I don’t know, I think that the FSM rocks. :smile:

FSM

Just a little thought to mull over while you enjoy your morning coffee, before you head off to church, of course ! Why is it that every painting or drawing of Adam and Eve, in the “good book”, they have belly-buttons? Think about that for more than a minute and you have issues !!

I don’t know, I think that the FSM rocks. :smile:

FSM[/quote]

Or, you can join the Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic.

To err is human, To forgive devne. Happy Sunday

Are you telling me that all them preachers have been lying to me all these years ? I always questioned them holier then holy wanna be’s . Thanks for pointing this out .

No issues here…The paintings are artist interpretations not photographs taken by God.
For centuries the Church has denounced artists who interpret Adam and Eve with navels and
has gone so far as to accuse them of heresy.
Fault the artists not the Church.

I forgive all religious folks who congregate and eventually kill and discriminate in the name of their God. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t ridicule them for being so naive of the evils done by their religions.

Humanity manifests their religion into worldly acts that have no regard for true humanity. Humane nature and social conditioning might make you not want to be close with a person who is very different than you, but there’s no reason not to give a person who you cannot identify with a buck because he sleeps under the streets and can’t overcome his addiction. The problem comes in when humanity blurs religion with world born reality. “I don’t support blahblah because in God’s teachings we don’t approve of sex workers or people with dark skin (who in the Book of Mormon are stated to be cursed with black skin.” - Taken in or out of context - it’s not good either way.

Anyway, I have a reality to get back to sooo…

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”] But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t ridicule them for being so naive of the evils done by their religions.
[/quote]

I say live and let live. People are entitled to their belief systems (person of faith, agnostic, atheist). The main messages of World religions center on love, compassion, and helping your brother/sister. The zealots/nutjobs/extremists will spin things to suit their agenda. The wing nuts of the World do not invalidate religion by their actions.

[quote=“97 B-LINE”]Such a slow weekend on the Mainframe! I hesitate to break the impass
but what the hell.

During these serious and troubled times, people of all faiths should remember these four great religious truths:

4. Baptists do not recognize each other at the liquor store.[/quote]

Religious tolerance would be so much easier if those blinded Baptists would only recognize each other at the liquor store.

religion is a means for man kind to come to terms with our brief existence on this planet, the moral values are a great guide to life… and the belief that there is a heaven makes death a little less gloomy… personally, I’m not a big fan of organized religion…

[quote=“DWhite”]

[quote=“97 B-LINE”]Such a slow weekend on the Mainframe! I hesitate to break the impass
but what the hell.

4. Baptists do not recognize each other at the liquor store.[/quote]

Religious tolerance would be so much easier if those blinded Baptists would only recognize each other at the liquor store.[/quote]

I love it!!!

[quote=“Piknic”]

No issues here…The paintings are artist interpretations not photographs taken by God.
For centuries the Church has denounced artists who interpret Adam and Eve with navels and
has gone so far as to accuse them of heresy.
Fault the artists not the Church.[/quote]

I meant my post to be a lighthearted joke ! I believe organized religion to be just another crutch, to some of the fanatics, an addiction, no different from alcohol, drugs or any other. Something to depend on to enable them to move through the day, that’s fine, until they begin lnflicting their beliefs on those of us who don’t believe and in true compassionate religious form,try to make us think lesser of ourselves. I find when I am in the company of those who are true and dedicated believers, I listen to them preach to me and I say nothing for fear they may think less of me? I like to think I am respecting their way of thinking, why can’t they respect mine? Why do I become someone they feel the need to reform? I worked with some of these people for years and believe me, religious, my butt! Turn on the “charm” when it’s convenient is more the point. I feel sorry for the vulnerable ones who are preyed upon and their lives twisted and turned inside out for the sake of what?

“I give your religion about as much respect, as your religion gives me. There’s nothing complicated about it and I have every right to insult a religion that goes out of it’s way to insult, to judge and condemn me, as an inadequate human being. Which your religion does, with self rightious gusto.” - Pat Condell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uTypnaP5X4

One of my favorite quotes. Don’t expect me to respect your “beliefs” unless you respect mine.

Having been someone who married a NO longer practicing jehova’s witness. And hearing all the stories told of her first 16 years of life as a witness,then having said parents bombard me with pamphlet’s and newsletters of the faith, as well as trying desperatly to scare my children into beleiving there ideals. I have to say that i am scared of most religious people,and how hard they do try to convert us(me) and assume i am miserable without (said) religions.