Relay for life - volunteers needed

Hello

I am a volunteer for the Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. THIS YEAR’S EVENT IS set for SATURDAY MAY 11th 2013!!This is a 12 hr day event where people collect pledges and walk/run the track ( in teams of 15 people) and raise much needed funds for the CCS. This year a lot of the previous volunteers have stepped down and in order to keep this event going, we need to have people step up to pitch in .

We desperately need volunteers to “manage” the event, an Event Co ordinator or Chair , or team leader, Luminary Chair, Activitiy Chair, we need people to sort out entertainment, Survivors ceremony, events for kids ( face painting etc) We have lots of areas and if we have lots of people then its not a lot of work for everyone. If we don’t get anyone to step up, we will lose this event for this year, and the next time we host one it will have to be an overnight event. I have worked on this event for many years, and will still do so, but I have some other commitments that prevent me from taking on the chair role. I find that if you have a Chair for each section that person can recruit the people they will need to help out. It has been a very small group organziing this event for the past 6 years and I would hate to lose the event! Everyone has been affected by cancer in some way, and in BC the CCS funds a lot of research to try and end this disease. Please consider donating your time, it’s a worthwhile event and lots of hands make less work, please please please think of stepping up to help out. Rupert is a great community, last year in the North, communities raised $450,000.00!!

If you are interested please contact

Michelle Taylor
Community Giving Coordiantor
Kitimat, Prince Rupert, Smithers and Terrace
Canadian Cancer Society, BC and Yukon Division
Tel 250-641-9954 Fax 778-634-3081
#207 - 4650 Lazelle Avenue
Terrace, BC V8G 1S6

Michelle can direct you to the Prince Rupert Contact. Thank you for reading this post and I hope you will think of stepping up to the plate.