Register Your Firearms

Is this just another stupid gov. money grab?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Well, I have been trying all day and can’t get on the bloody site. Does anyone have a different link or mirror for registering your firearms? This needs to be done before Jan. 1st. Otherwise it is $25 a firearm. Apparently I also need register my pellet rifle becuase it shoots over 500fps… Haha, right.

Perhaps some very pissed off people have pulled a Yahoo/Google attack on this website.

How is it a money grab if you can register for free?

You’ve had how many months to do it?

I’m doing it for an old/unorganized guy. I’m pretty sure you still need to pay the $25 per gun you purchase after Jan.1/03.

And 12months x 3 years… 36months.

If it were a money grab, the government wouldn’t be losing money on it.

It costs a lot more than $25.00 per gun for them to process and maintain the database, etc. They’re taking a big ole loss. More than a billion dollars so far.

So no, not a money grab. If anything, Canadians who don’t own guns will be subsidizing the registrations of those who do.

Government money grab = new driver program that is a money grab 3x the cost to get your licence. You cant make the argument about it being young drivers either because thats for everyone.

Oh Mig who is to say that in the future they wont raise these fee’s so its profitable? may not be a money grab today but it might just be another day soon to come.

As if the government is capable of long-term thinking.

No it’s not a “money grab.”

If it were, they would charge more than what it costs to register.

They wouldn’t give you 3 years to register for free, either.

As for the driver program, don’t you think you should pay the actual cost of the program? Or do you want non-drivers to subsidize it for you?

they can register my rifle when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My dad and I registered our firearms online, quick and easy.

In the USA they have the right to bear arms.

In Canada, we have the right to bare arms.

What are you Rich? Some sort of Communist?

You don’t like Democracy? We elected a government with a very large majority. This government has won three elections despite its promise for gun registration. The majority of Canadians want gun registration. It’s democracy. You don’t like that? Are you a commie?

More of an anarchist than a communist, I think.

I’ve been thinking of getting a rifle… I’d really like to get into hunting.

Just stick to Hunting the Wumpus slackass…

Shoulda came to Ivan’s, mucho fun and the Evil Dead Trilogy… man, I’ve seen enough bruce campbell in those movies to last a lifetime.

Will have nightmares about his chin for weeks. shiver

and me ownin gemmell :smiley:
haha
that was fun, he was pissed!
hahah my eyes are cold stll from the drive :frowning:

[quote=“Anonymous”]

What are you Rich? Some sort of Communist?

You don’t like Democracy? We elected a government with a very large majority. This government has won three elections despite its promise for gun registration. The majority of Canadians want gun registration. It’s democracy. You don’t like that? Are you a commie?[/quote]

I wanna know where that came from. How does not wanting to give up your gun make you a communist?

[quote=“Anonymous”]
I wanna know where that came from. How does not wanting to give up your gun make you a communist?[/quote]

Who said anything about giving up guns?

I think he was referring to the fact that Rich didn’t want to register his gun, despite the majority of Canadians voting for gun registration.

If somebody asks you to register your car, do you say “I’ll register my car when they pry it from my cold dead hands.” and “I don’t want to give up my car!”

I think the poster was saying that since Richard wanted to go against democracy, he was a communist. Not that it makes any sense. Maybe not communist, but certainly not democratic.

What’s the opposite of a democrat?

I think the Canadian gun lobby has really screwed things up. Instead of being rational and logical in their arguments, they’ve gone for the American NRA stance. That just doesn’t work in Canada.

Most Canadians are in favour of gun registration and gun control. That’s a fact. 90 % of Canadians will never fire a gun.

That’s the 90% that the gun lobby needs to convince. Not the current gun owners and hunters. They’re already convinced.

But when people say things like “the government is going to take our guns away!!” then 90% of Canadians think “yeah, paranoid psychos like you shouldn’t have a gun”

You guys are sooooooooooo two years ago… and you’re just catchin’ on now since you heard about the Bizillion Dollar loss the Federalee’s took…

Originally, you couldn’t register for free… you had to pay for the registration. Then, if you didn’t do it by a certain date, the price doubled… a year later, registration becomes free.

When this Registrar idear came out, everyone knew it was a flawed idea by Alan Rock-Voisine. After the registration started rollin’ along, he released:

What, with the Tens of Millions of guns that need registering, that’s only 730,000 guns per year.

Two years my foot.

If you had any collector’s guns, or didn’t register on time, Rock would be taking away your guns and not giving them back.

That’s what Hitler did… we ain’t needs another Hitlar episode 'round here…

That’s quite right about the Non-Gun Users who’re the majority of the vote, Mig… and it isn’t even the hunters that are doing the violence… it’s the non-hunters who be shootin’ they faces and their bosses faces and the kids shootin’ they parents faces… Gun Deaths aren’t even a biggy in this Canadia, Drunk Deaths are eleven-fold Gun Deaths… Soot related deaths are Eleventy-One-Fold Gun Deaths…

Registraring the guns may have an advantage for the Police, but with the condition of our Police these days, it’s a dissadvantage…

Lemme break it down…

And so the thread ends, and the gun-control people win the debate.

Thanks for invoking Godwin’s Law:

http://tinyurl.com/38eu

Yeah, 'cause references to Hitler is exactly how you get the 90% of Canadians who don’t have a gun to be against gun control.

Like I said, the gun lobby has generally shot itself in the foot with these crazy arguments.