RedHotPokerTour

If you’ve got the skills and the “nuts” to be a poker champion, it’s time to join the Red Hot Poker Tourâ„¢.

The Red Hot Poker Tour was created to give amateur poker players an opportunity to experience a real tournament and go head-to-head in a bid to be poker champion. It’s a test of your skills and nerve, not your bankroll, as there is no entry fee, and no currency involved - just the real bragging rights that come with being a local poker legend.

You’ve watched it on TV, you may have played with your friends, or even been to Vegas, but if you haven’t played under the pressure of a tournament, you haven’t played Texas Hold’em poker. The play is faster, your reads more critical, and the tension constantly increasing, but if you keep it together, manage your chip stack, and win a bluff or two, you may very well end up as Champion.

And did I mention its free?

It all happens Tuesday Nights at Johnny B’s  (The Coast Hotel Pub)

Registration starts at 5:30pm (Seating is limited)

Poker Primer at 6pm (Poker lessons crash course)

Tournament starts at 7pm sharp (Shuffle up and deal)

www.redhotpokertour.com

Any other questions you can email me at : redhotrupert@gmail.com

You say seating is limited.  So why then do you allow people, who didn’t register in time, to come in and start playing after the fact, filling in spots of people that were knocked out early?  There were more than 40 people involved in a 40 seat tourney.  Don’t make much sense.

Do these people start out with a decreased chip stack?  It would have to be relative to the amount that the existing players have.

If there are more than 40 players we have a waiting list, as people are knocked out the first hour (7pm-8pm)  or people dont show up. We seat people on the waiting list in that spot. After 8pm the tournament  is closed at that point. (Unless the game started late or other factors)

The rules for the waiting list are below:

WAITING LIST PLAYERS

• Waiting list players always have one set of Blinds removed from their starting stack every 20 minutes. If entering in the first 20 minutes: 75 will be removed from your starting stack. Second 20 minutes: 225 will be removed. Third 20 Minutes: 525 will be removed.

• The chips do not go into play.

• Players do not post when they are seated unless the open spot is the Big Blind.

• If seated in the Small Blind the player waits until the button (deal) passes their position before being dealt a hand.

• No player, including waiting list players, will be seated after the first hour to ensure a quality tournament for all players.

I hope that answer’s your question
Have a great day!

Yep, that clears it up for me.  I didn’t get a chance to play in it the first 2 weeks, but a few friends of mine did.  They mentioned to me that they didn’t like the waiting list players being added after the fact, but your explanation works for me. I’ll pass it on.

I try to seat waiting list players asap and try not to disturb the tables that much, but the waiting list is good if you are a regular and didnt get in on the first 40 seats. Thats why we dont seat people after 8pm, 3rd set of blinds are over and everyone are pretty well in there now. But we try to get as many people as we can in there to ensure everyone gets a chance to get in and have some fun.

Have a good one!

Having a Game tonight at 530PM Being held at the Rupert coast Hotel Pub, Its a {SPECIAL} night as the top 8 players will compete online for a seat in the TOC (Tournament of Champions) The website is here:

redhotpokertour.com/toc.html

How it worked was the top 8 finishers/final table would win a seat into an online event(approx 120 players) where the winner of the online tournament would win a seat at the TOC in Toronto in July
To register, players would use their current membership number and create an account at Partypoker.com. (For the final 8 )

Good Luck and hope to see you there!

New season has started at The Rupert Pub also another day has been added!

If you’ve got the skills and the “nuts” to be a poker champion, it’s time to join the Red Hot Poker Tourâ„¢.

The Red Hot Poker Tour was created to give amateur poker players an opportunity to experience a real tournament and go head-to-head in a bid to be poker champion. It’s a test of your skills and nerve, not your bankroll, as there is no entry fee, and no currency involved - just the real bragging rights that come with being a local poker legend.

You’ve watched it on TV, you may have played with your friends, or even been to Vegas, but if you haven’t played under the pressure of a tournament, you haven’t played Texas Hold’em poker. The play is faster, your reads more critical, and the tension constantly increasing, but if you keep it together, manage your chip stack, and win a bluff or two, you may very well end up as Champion.

And did I mention its free?

It all happens Tuesday and Thursday Nights at Johnny B’s  (The Rupert Pub/Coast Hotel)

Registration starts at 5:30pm

Poker Primer at 6pm (Poker lessons crash course)

Tournament starts at 7pm sharp (Shuffle up and deal)

www.redhotpokertour.com

Any other questions you can email me at : redhotrupert@gmail.com

did you say it was free ? :smiley:

Yep, Its free to play and you can win some prizes.