Receeding ice caps

Well, you can’t have both, now can you?  

You posted an article that says “there is global warming” then asked me “of all people, should have some form of retort for the scientist in the videos.”  The scientist who says “there is no global warming.”

I mean you have your own retort in the article you posted.  

Those are two points of view for sure, thanks for sharing them with us.  But they contradict each other.

Let me bring up my analogy again:  is the Earth flat or not?

If I say it’s flat, and you disagree with me, great.  But if you then proceed to post “proof” that the Earth is actually a square, then ask me to disprove a video that says the Earth is actually a triangle, that doesn’t make much sense, does it?  Afterall, you’ve already posted “proof” that the Earth is a square.

Yeah, I’m taking the Flat Earth thing too far.  Time for another analogy.  It plays better on the prairies.

Yeah and every time you use that analogy, I keep wanting to retort with “you’re a flat earth.”

Too much theater.

Agreed.  Most groups have a political agenda.  I will explain the point that I was hinting at, astrothug.

You gave a link to a website that was highly critical of the measures being taken to reduce greenhouse emissions.  The group behind the website is a very conservative right-of-center organization.
In other words the comments, opinions generated by the website are biased towards a particular political agenda.  That is, don’t take away our right to make money, we can’t afford to pay for reducing our carbon footprint. 

If you are going to give a counter argument to global warming it should appear on the surface to be objective.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/stern-warns-that-climate-change-is-far-worse-than-2006-estimate-810488.html

its not a planetary catastrophe, its a human catastrophe, what ever happens, will not affect nature but will effect humans. if we all die life will go on…
so bigthumb what do you suggest we all do?

we can make all the changes, but developing countries are going to use coal and we are going to keep suppling  it.

we both know what needs to be done, but its not going to happen as big business runs everything.  :smiley:

That’s right boy! Now pay up, or I’ll aim all my wireless microwave transmitters at the troposphere and cook us ALL if you don’t fork over ONE BILLION DOLLARS…
muah-hah-hah-hah-hah!!!

[attachments over a year old automatically deleted]

But, didn’t you say"of  course not, no such thing as global warming"?

And “…I understand man has played a role… but its also a small factor in the effects of global warming.”?

So did you change your mind about human influence on climate change?  Did I really convince you? Wow.  :sunglasses:

You ask about suggestions.  This debate wasn’t about what to do, it was about challenging your view that global warming wasn’t caused by human activity.  Now that you seem convinced that you were mislead, you may search the internet to see how to do you part. 
I agree with you on the big business comment.  And I’m pretty pessimistic considering that oil prices are rising which will have the effect of having a lot of new exploration for petroleum and, this will not help.

What will not help is the largest oil consumer in the world has no candidate with anything but lip service to reducing oil consumption. All three are seriously considering cuts to oil taxes to help ease the ‘burden’ of gas prices approaching $4 a gallon.
Just speaking to an American in another forum, the combined state & federal taxes on gas in his state come to 26c a gallon. That’s 6.9c a litre.
That’s fucking bullshit. Matching our level of taxes would drive down demand, help the environment and make the supply last longer. And God knows the US gov’t could use the money.*
GM could roll out 100,000 Saturn EV1s and sell them in six minutes.

• and fears… to hell with the $4 trillion deficit, now we can go after Iran and N Korea… yeeehawwww!!!..

I’m not stupid …LOL…I may have a few blond hairs; but don’t hold that against me Bigthumb, I understand we play a role and I’m still out on how big a role we are playing…

but never the less we are having an impact on our planet and environment we only have too look around too see that.

I watched the 11 hour last night and our population has doubled over the last 20 years at that rate we will all be starving or due for a plague. I’m sure as the world population keeps growing nature will throw something at us, and with one big swipe of her powerful arm millions will die.

autism  in some countries is so high its 1 in 30 children will develop it. you cant tell me its not environmental anymore.

anyways thats getting off topic. 

Well I don’t know what’s going on but I don’t like climate changing with Inuvik! It was -6 with a screaming wind that the newsguy said was -24. And I had to spend the whole day outside helping erect a 44ft tower.
The guy has 50ft of rope for lifting parts, and the wind had it blowing straight out. It tore the metal sign off it’s post outside our shop.
I got back and I thought my electric doorlocks had screwed up. Turned out the roadslush froze my doors shut, I was packing a whole damn glacier back to town with me!
Lucky I wasn’t doing phone support today. I’d be telling people to fuck their goddam Internet, go wrap yourself in a blanket with a book and thank God you have shelter!

That is nasty, herbie! :astonished:
It is 0 in PR right now.  We had the weirdest day yesterday.  We started with -2 in the morning and snow on the ground and by the late afternoon we had bright sunshine, clear skies, and a balmy 6 degrees.

When I first moved up here, I towed a trailer with 2 snowmobiles up from Langley in January. From the Mainland rain, thru light snow in the canyon, slush in the Cariboo to freezing fog in Prince George.
The Bronco was more and more sluggish, and I needed to make an extra gas stop the mileage was even more horrible than normal.
Got up the next morning to discover a 8x8x8ft cube of solid ice behind the truck. Took 4 days in a heated barn to melt enough to get the sleds off the trailer.