Re: Residential Recycling

God, I HATE this gov’t. Ass-kissing total roadblocks to progress, they finally back down because the Americans do. At the very last minute of the conference.
Hours later,  Baird is quoted that he’s ‘disappointed with the watered down agreement’… and tries to blame everyone else!

cbc.ca/story/world/national/ … ction.html

If you don’t want the newspaper flyer, you could phone the newspapers and tell them to stop delivering. I would add a note on your mailbox to opt out of the junk mail too.

They had a big squawk over junkmail in the Fort years ago. Now MOST of the mailboxes are flagged.
And no one ever knows when there’s anything on sale in town so they just drive to PG because they know… it only makes sense…
Of course there’s a dozen kids who don’t make $40 every weekend folding flyers so they bum it off Mom, and three more with no job printing them, and a theatre that closed because the schedule flyer is “junkmail”.

I hate junk mail, I hate the stupid flyers in bank statements and credit and phone bills.
I wouldnt want any bills in the mail if I could get them all emailed to me. 

[quote=“ChrisJ”]                       I worked at the pulp mill for fifteen years and witnessed many many “middle of the night dump it all into the harbour, tide will wash it away before daylight” yet we are supposed to worry about our household garbage? The big boys themselves dont give a shit and have found a way to get richer tricking us into giving a shit, dont fall for it.
[/quote]

I fully agree with you my friend.  I also used to work for that shit bucket of company.  If you guys out there really mean business with all that “recycling” bullshit you would stop longing for that pulp mill to ever re-open.

I cannot agree more as well.
Recycling hype is a lot of bullshit…  From what I hear there is more energy required to recyle stuff than it’s worth… 
Go around town and look at all the garbage…!!  By the Inlander Hotel in the hole there are about 10 or more shopping carts…  Kids make good extra money with flyers… 
We still pump raw sewage in to the harbour…
Makes me chuckle at the idea that sorting and recycling is going to save the planet…
Oh that Mill was the worst and thank god it went down when it did… We all might be less likely to acquire cancer in the future…  A few flyers here and there are nothing compared to what the big boys put out as you so rightly say…

I even heard that the first nations have a sewer treatment facility serving 100 People,
but Prince RUpert with 13000+ people pump right into the bay,
Y are we still pumping raw sewage in the inlet???
please tell me im wrong

Just like Victoria, we dump raw sewage into our harbour.

You’ve got my support for your business by the way.  It’s a small part of what we all need to do.

Gotta feed the harbour shrimp to keep the shrimpers working!!

btw, how many of you had shrimp over the holidays?  :smiley:

We tried baiting a crab trap with a diaper. It worked!

Victoria nice place been there, recycling works, the Government benefits the most, But that is just an understatement.