Re: Poor, poor Tina Fey

Come November, she’s either got a easy job doing parodies for the next four years with a win by the party she doesn’t want in or Obama/Biden wins and no free lunches anymore.

Bummer.

:imp:

Tina Fey rocks.  Funny stuff! :smiley:

Heh-heh, Palin is causing McCain a lot of grief with her unscripted remarks.  I love this stuff.

[quote]WASHINGTON (CNN)— Sen. John McCain retracted Sarah Palin’s stance on Pakistan Sunday morning, after the Alaska governor appeared to back Sen. Barack Obama’s support for unilateral strikes inside Pakistan against terrorists

“She would not…she understands and has stated repeatedly that we’re not going to do anything except in America’s national security interest,” McCain told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos of Palin. “In all due respect, people going around and… sticking a microphone while conversations are being held, and then all of a sudden that’s—that’s a person’s position… This is a free country, but I don’t think most Americans think that that’s a definitve policy statement made by Governor Palin.”

Saturday night, while on a stop for cheesesteaks in South Philadelphia, Palin was questioned by a Temple graduate student about whether the U.S. should cross the border from Afghanistan into Pakistan.

“If that’s what we have to do stop the terrorists from coming any further in, absolutely, we should,” Palin said.

During Friday night’s presidential debate in Mississippi, Obama took a similar stance and condemned the Bush administration for failing to act on the possibility terrorists are in Pakistan.

“Nobody talked about attacking Pakistan,” Obama said after McCain accused the Illinois senator of wanting to announce an invasion. “If the United States has al Qaeda, bin Laden, top-level lieutenants in our sights, and Pakistan is unable or unwilling to act, then we should take them out.”

McCain emphasized Sunday, Palin “shares” his view on the matter.
[/quote]

CNN

You know, it almost sounds like that Rick Mercer show about the stupid Americans that was delayed for so long after 9/11, ie stick a mike in their faces and they’ll say just about anything to be pleasant. What on earth were her handlers thinking??  :astonished:

Mind you, I hadn’t watched the original Palin/ Couric interview and didn’t realise until I was looking at a commentary on another site that the “I’ll have to get back to you” bit in the SNL skit was taken right from the original interview.  :unamused:

ohh I cant wait for the vise president debate; If it doesn’t gets canceled.
Tina Fey and other will have so much material it will never end… :smiley:

Tina fey as Sara Palin Saturday night live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUP7U3Qyyo

Matt Damon quote

You lost me here - I admit I’ve been a little ‘in the dark’ with a cold the last little bit, but was this an actual quote - if so, I don’t get it.  (hiding in shame at not getting political funny stuff) hee hee :wink:

Sadly, her “base” doesn’t believe in dinosaurs, so it would play to them pretty well.  Remember that dinosaurs aren’t mentioned in the bible.

I know some people who would vote for a candidate who denied dinosaurs ever existed before they’d vote for some smarty-pants Ivy League-educated smart guy.  Religion and superstition will get you more votes than reason and logic.

Just a correction.  I think Matt Damon said 4 thousand years ago, not 400 thousand years ago. 

hehe ya thanks Bigthumb I didn’t  even notice until you pointed it out :wink:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Thanks for the clarification - that was great.

Science takes just as much faith to believe in as religion. If Palin says that dinosaurs bones were put there by God to create the illusion of a vast history, that’s fair enough. There’s just as much proof of that as there is that they were around 65 million years ago.

If you try to prove either to Bible or science to be correct, you eventually beg the question. What says that science is correct? Scientists. Where do scientists get their information? From science books. How were the science facts in the books proved? By the scientific method.

It’s all relative.

Plus… it’s Maatttttt Daaaammmonnnnnnn.

lmao what a stretch for you eccentric, yes scientist read everything from the book of science…and didn’t spend time in the field digging and such, most of the great biblical finds are from those scientist looking for the truth…

your trying to be funny right… :smiley:

The neat thing about science is that you can just do it yourself.  Just watch Mythbusters  for good examples of science you can do yourself.

If you want to see if something is true or not, you can go and test it.

Try that with religion.

MiG you and I know that Eso can walk on water!!! And Bigthumb can make things disappear faster then Jesus did after his resurrection.

Religion works great as a system of morality, but when some people insist on the bible as literal truth, then it just gets messy.

I mean, saying kids shouldn’t watch Barney because it reinforces the belief in dinosaurs is a bit much.

On the other hand, most true Christians are um… true Christians, not biblical literalists.  Which is a good thing.

For the last time!!! I had nothing to do with your posts disappearing!!!

Biblical literalists is a very interesting topic.  I don’t think anyone today really lives according to all the laws of the bible.  Apparently there are over 700 +.  A.J. Jacobs tries in his book “The Year of Living Biblically”.  But even that was difficult.  Today “Biblical Literalists” really means picking just some parts of the Bible.