Re: Lieutenant Andrew Richard Nuttall

theglobeandmail.com/news/wor … le1411166/

“Lieutenant Andrew Richard Nuttall, along with an Afghan soldier, died when an improvised explosive device detonated in the town of Nakhoney, the Canadian military said early Thursday.”

Our deepest condolences to the Nuttall family :frowning:…Lieutenant Nuttall will be remembered for his commitment and his sacrifice for our country R.I.P

R.I.P :cry::cry:

The price of freedom is very high, we will remember. RIP

133 souls so far, and one was too expensive.

This is a very sad event and my condolences to his family, friends and comrades.  I was wondering as we have never posted the names of any of the other 133 soldiers lost in the war, was this soldier related to one of our members and if so, my deepest condolences.

A sad Christmas for his family and friends. My condolences to them as well as to all other families and friends of our soldiers who are remembering their loved ones this Christmas.

Lt. Nuttall, 30, of Prince Rupert, B.C., belonged to the 1st Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry based in Edmonton.

From CTV News

The Prince Rupert, B.C., native died Wednesday along with an Afghan soldier in the town of Nakhoney in the Panjwaii district of southern Afghanistan. Nuttall belonged to the 1st Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton.

He is survived by his mother Jane and father Richard, of Victoria, who said they were proud of their son’s decision to join the military and spoke of his selflessness. “We have lost a bright light in our lives,” the family said in a statement.

ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca … lumbiaHome

The names of all Canadians killed in Afghanistan are listed here.