Re: Hmwk Help

What is The relationship between " essential amino acid " and " complete protein"

Truth be told.

Chicken and Rice.

Is Food 8 your hardest class or something?

All of this stuff is in your textbook.

There are 20 essential amino acids that humans need in their diets. We are unable to produce them in our bodies, so we have to eat them. A complete protein is any protein that contains all twenty of the essential amino acids. Any type of meat will contain them all, but vegetarians can get the essential amino acids by eating a combination of vegetables. That’s why so many central american people eat a lot of rice and beans together.

edit:  Big Thumb just emailed me and reminded me of my grade 9 Biology.  We need 20 amino acids to build all of the proteins our bodies need.  12 of them can be manufactured by the body, the other 8 are the essential amino acids.  Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks for the heads up Big Thumb

Damn, BigThumb beat me to it :frowning: 

All proteins begin their synthesis on free Ribosomes.

Of course BigThumb would know he taught Culinary Arts (Food 8. Does that include Food 9?)

I know everything. 

And when I don’t know, I ask MiG. 

And if he doesn’t know,  we ask the Russians.

Yep.  Me too.  MiG rules! :smiley:

Yeah, right.

When you ask me, I ask google.

I remember showing a colleague how to ask google tech questions.  I told him that every time he had a question for me, just type it into google first and see if he can find the answer.  Sure enough, the next day he had a question for me, so I typed it into google and the first hit was his answer. 

MiG, why does Google exist?

google.ca/search?q=%22why+do … xist%3F%22

I thought ‘complete protiens’ make the stains and ‘essential amino acids’ in the detergent rinse them out…

google and wikipedia’s ‘random article’ exist as alternatives to watching “How It’s Made” when you have no life…