Re: Citytel cell service

WTF i went to my Dr today and he said I have cell phone elbow and I have to stop texting so much, I’m like dude I’m on the citywest and my Dr was like oh "well then stop masturbating, so much " Och that hurts dude…  :stuck_out_tongue:

A friend of mine informed me that he couldn’t send or receive texts from Citywest cell phones

Just paid a little visit to Citywest and was told the network is down. I haven’t been able to receive calls or phone out for the past two days. Texting is also not working. It took every ounce of my being to be polite to the young lady working the counter! I know it’s not her fault but gee whiz, I wish she would have said something to make me feel better rather than say “there’s nothing we can do, the network is done and it’s not our fault”. Ummm, yes it is! I pay you to make sure my phone works. So I requested that there be a discount on my next bill as I pay over a 100$ a month. And her reply was “we will look into it.” Oh la la…

Anyways, my rant for the day. I’m so so so tempted right now to cross over to Rogers.

Hmmm, the website offers up an explanation, er, excuse, er advisory as to the situation.

citywest.ca/what_is_new/cell … ork_outage

Of course right below it is a reminder that it’s time for a new cell phone and that they offer free activation in June, of course they don’t guarantee that you’ll be able to use that phone though.

citywest.ca/what_is_new/time … n_for_june

The service was going bonkers on Friday too.  I sent a text message to my girlfriend, and she received it about 7 times.  And she also received it the next day too.  Very strange indeed.

my son sent me a text message on friday and i recievedit on sunday nite. and cell service is  un avaiblae today they are down grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

citytel has the worst service! I’m paying a phone bill that has been out of service or messed up this month! citytel should be putting all our bills half price this month… if not I’m going to say something to them cause this is just getting stupid! but I am switching to rogers this week so hopefully i get better service!

Bell West has reported an OC-48 fiber cut between Ft St John and Grand Prairie

as a result all cellular services are down at the moment from the Yukon, Nw territories

and parts of Northern BC including Prince Rupert

Not just City West by the sounds of things!

Rogers is fine.

I think this underscores what the poster above was saying about Citywest no longer being able to control its own network. 

to bad roger’s cell phone plans are so damn expensive

Too bad Citywest’s plans are so damn expensive too.

Mobility 100 on Citywest:  $26.95 / 100 minutes.  No texts, no free evening and weekends.

Mega 25 on Rogers:  $25.00 / 150 minutes, plus 1000 free texts, plus free evenings and weekends.

Even if you factor in that Rogers is evil and that it charges a bunch of extra fees, it’s still cheaper for the average person.

And Rogers has better coverage in Rupert, and uses GSM, and it is actually working right now.

Easy choice.

Easy choice indeed:-) My contract with CityWest expires today.  I’ll take evil over expensive.  Going to East Wind tomorrow…see what’s good.  :smile:

Another day of no cell phone activity! I am going to call Citywest and find out when our contracts expire. Does anyone know offhand if the family packages from Rogers compete with those of Citywest?

This is Crazy, I know it’s not their fault, but their should be something done shouldn’t their be…like was mentioned, a bill percentage down? or something…I know for my uncle, His business IS his cell phone! as such he is switching to rogers. He cant have the interruptions…It is STILL DOWN! LIKE WOW~this is nutsss :confused: :confused: :angry:

It surprises me that anyone would go with city west esp people renewing contracts…
I feel for anyone using city west cells for business use…

I have unlimited everything with citywest, less the 80.00 a month.
my rogers, was 90.00 one gig download, 10 thousand text, call display call waiting, voice mail.

so really citywest is the better deal, but like other have said citywest cell phone’s are on a out dated system.

My Rogers plan is $80/month, 250 local minutes, MY5 nationwide, Visual Voicemail, Caller ID, 2500 texts, and 6 gigs of data.  I’ve never used more than 1 gig of data in a month.

I also have a 7-11 SIM, and it’s 20cents/minute (100 minutes = $20.00), but you only pay what you use.  Texts are 5cents.

MiG, you signed a contract?  I’m in shock!

Heh, for the long distance MY5.  Spending less on the total contract than I was previously on just long distance.

I have MY10 nationwide with telus, with 200 local minutes, unlimited text and web browsing, call display and voicemail for $65 a month with taxes but thats out of vancouver.  Unfortunately that means service is down for me as well.