Re: Cell Phone Madness

I can make calls, but can not receive them.

Mine seems back to normal now, functioning properly.  But, it is a telus phone.  I can’t get wireless web access.

I think every phone they have ever sold here was a telus phone…at least the last 3 I have had.
IS this a cash grab to make me buy a new phone? 

no i think they might replace them…
im not sure… i seem to remember somthing about that in the last letter i got from them.

Ive called 5 times so far today and I keep getting the answering machine.  I would leave a message but they cant call me back cuase my stupid phone.

That would be acceptable…even though my phone is only 3 months old…I like it.
camera…very powerful vibrator…etc.

i cant remember if that was the case or not

i cant find the letter i got in the mail.

I just checked on line and didnt see anything about trade ins…

i found that letter… there wasnt anything on it about replacement of phones

i wonder where the hell i got that idea… i swear i read somthing about that somewhere.
on some form of letter or somthing

weird

They wouldn’t need to replace your phone.  Just tell the new network that your phone’s ID is now on the Bell network instead of the Telus network.

Sort of what you do when you bring in a phone and ask to activate it on the network.  They just record the ID of the phone and tell their equipment to put your ID on their network.

The cell phone madness is just that…  Now that city west is part of  the bell network, none of the telus phones can be used for the new features and if you ever unactivate your telus phone in the future it will be not to reactivated…  They are offering a trade in for a new bell phone…  talk about a cash grab…  talk about a reason to move on to rogers!!! 

How much do you have to pay for a trade in?  My telus phone is now acting really weird.  For the first time since I bought it in June it is starting to drop calls.  Also, the sound quality is poor all of a sudden.
This sucks.

I’m not sure you can call that a “cash grab”. It’s not like your phone stopped working. It will do exactly what it has always been able to do. The only people it affects are those looking to use the new features.

OK Mike but I bought my telus phone with intentions of later on using the new features…
so it does suck for me …  but it won’t matter once Rogers settles in I will make the switch, since I will need a new phone anyway … errr

I will call it a cash grab as city tel ALWAYS sold telus phones…Now we have to get a bell phone to use the web services.
Black berrys are 300 bucks.

Can somebody confirm that text and web stuff won’t work on existing phones?  Where are you guys getting this info?

These were never “Telus phones” that were sold to us (other than that’s who they bought them from…)  I remember taking a Citywest “Telus” phone to Newfoundland and it didn’t work on the Telus network there.  My brother’s proper Telus phone worked just fine. 

There’s no difference between a CDMA phone from Bell and one from Telus.  They just need to enter the ID into their computer and it should work on the system.

Edit:  Somebody should tell the website guy/gal at Citywest to drop the “Grocer’s Apostrophe” from PDA’s and Blackberry’s.

There was a letter sent out on November 19th to all city west mobility customers explaining the fact that telus phones will not work with the new services coming and will not be reactivated if unactivated…  it’s just a phone with a telus logo on it.  the inner guts will be the same as any other so called “bell phone” so I don’t get it…  Anyone with more info as why it has to be this way please share it… 

Anybody have that letter?  Scan or type it in?

I have a hard time believing that a Telus-branded phone won’t work on the Bell network.  It’s just a matter of activating it.  If you own a Telus phone, there’s nothing to stop you from walking into a Bell office and asking to activate it.

Telus phone:
telusmobility.com/bc/pcs/han … azr2.shtml

Bell phone:
bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_BC/66 … Id=term36m

Exact same phone, internally. 

So either we’re misinterpreting the Citywest letter, or Citywest has become very evil. 

Sorry I lost the letter, so I was so mad I threw it away some where…
It does state there will be a trade in for new bell phones… So if you have a telus phone you can only use it w/o the new features and it will not be reactivated if unactivated. They are being cash cows and everyone should go and see if Rogers will accept the telus phones as  someone else pointed out the inner works of both the bell and telus units are the same…

OK OK OK…ease up here a second.
When will the official announcement be made that Rogers is going to be around?
Where do you sign up?
Is there information on the packages available?
Usually you would see an add in the paper stating that they are coming…some sort of hype…I mean I think is a major event…