Re: Alien Lifeform or ...?

I found this outside on my deck …

Is it slimy?  Like seaweed?

Actually it appears to be dried out.

Closeup of underside:

It’s beautiful…Is it a dried piece of kelp or seaweed ?  Would make a great B/W photo :smiley:

That’s really neat!  Looks more like a star fish of some sort.

:confused:

Looks like a mutated starfish. 

Flying starfish Batman … I’m at least 1/2K from the ocean!

I am pretty sure it’s a sea creature.  The hole in the middle makes me think it’s a star fish of some sort.  Star fish eat with a hole in the centre of their bodies. It’s actually their stomach.  They turn it inside out and eat up their prey.  Maybe a dog or cat brought it to your porch.  Or a raven or seagull.  Regardless, it’s pretty cool!  When my ex- fisherman husband wakes up, I’ll ask him what he thinks it is.

As Princess of Power mentioned, I do believe a dog brought it to your house. I know whenever my dog gets loose (doesnt happen often) she brings the wierdest shit home.

Looks like a piece of corral, most likely dropped by a bird…or a tornado :smiley:

More likely a basket star or feather star rather than a sea star.

images.google.com/images?q=basket+star

Hey Soggy, you willing to donate that creature to science?

That is an interesting piece of work, I would put something on it to preserve it and hang it in the garden or out on the highway sign to scare tourist away.

To science it is …

Mig, let us know what Peter says it is.

Yeah, that does look like some type of sea creature, starfish.  Very cool. :sunglasses:

That is exactly what it is.  It is an echinoderm of the class Ophiuroidea which contains brittle stars and basket stars.  

THE WINNNNNNNAR … BIG THUMB!

And thanks for the ID.

My guess would have been Republican.

What ever it is…that is pretty neat.  :wink:

I and some other people say that we are indeed aliens.  All different races of people are from different planets.  :sunglasses: