RCMP shot wolf on Fredrick and Hays Cove

This was quoted off facebook RCMP KILLED A WOLF CLOSE TO THE SEVILLE RD. RIGHT IN THE VACANT LOT WHERE THE PARK USED TO BE. NOW THE OTHER WOLF IS HOWLING AROUND FOR IT’S PARTNER. OUR SON AND DAUGHTER LIVE ON SEVILLE AND SAW THE RCMP TAKE THE WOLF AWAY IN THE TRUNK OF THEIR CAR. DON’T GO OUTSIDE. THEY ARE OUT LOOKING FOR IT NOW. IT WENT UP TOWARDS TENTH EAST

I went and let out my dogs 1/2 hour AFTER I heard the cops shot the wolf on Fred/Hays, and ALL of a sudden I heard the wolf Howling Constantly, This is a sheer sign that this is not gonna turn out good :frowning: :frowning: PREY Everyone stays safe, and keep pets on leash…we were out for a drive, and seen A LOT of younger ppl walking around by them selfs. as well as a few animals walking around the areas, I’m by Petro and is a little close to home, my dogs are safe and sound :smile:

Posted from FB Happened around 1:20am. RCMP KILLED A WOLF CLOSE TO THE SEVILLE RD. RIGHT IN THE VACANT LOT WHERE THE PARK USED TO BE. NOW THE OTHER WOLF IS HOWLING AROUND FOR IT’S PARTNER. OUR SON AND DAUGHTER LIVE ON SEVILLE AND SAW THE RCMP TAKE THE WOLF AWAY IN THE TRUNK OF THEIR CAR. DON’T GO OUTSIDE. THEY ARE OUT LOOKING FOR IT NOW. IT WENT UP TOWARDS TENTH EAST This wolf is howling is around henry BY , please be VERY Careful!!! Seen LOTS of ppl walking by themselves as well as Animals all alone!!! This is not gonna turn out good :frowning: TAKE CARE PPL!!

kaienislandwolves.com/2012/12/23 … t-in-town/
Because of the citizen complaints this year, the wolf pack is being decimated, first and foremost a habituated wolf is a dead wolf, once a wolf looses its fear of humans and understands that humans = food they will move closer to the new food source. I think the wolves in town have moved in closer this year as the pack has changed over the last 4 years, these wolves are younger and inexperienced maybe I’m being a bit naive but these wolves are well fed unlike the pack of 6 years ago that I photographed, these wolves in town are well fed and mostly moved into town not because they are going after feral cats and our garbage but because of the habituated deer. Prince Rupert has a large deer population and because they don’t fear man or their pets they make easy prey for the wolves. I have walked behind Ominica Ave towards Mount Hays and its littered with deer skeletons.

When the wolves came into town to hunt the deer they also had an another food source our garbage so many people put their garbage out at the road edge in the evening with out proper garbage cans this attacks animals mostly crows and seagulls but of late also the wolves.

We live in the middle of the forest we are surrounded by thick rain forest and ocean with its many coastal islands this area has a rich and diverse eco system that has been hear far longer then any human. just because humans build a town on an island we expect to push the wild life out,I have heard people talk about why these animals don’t stay in the forest or why they cant stay out of city limits. but the reality is that animals cant read and have no understanding of property lines and city limits.

What the hell is the problem with the wolves here. The wolves haven’t attacked any humans at all in Prince Rupert. Please leave the wolves alone since they where in Prince Rupert before any of us came here. You make it sound like that all hell is going to break loose. I think there are too many aggressive dogs in this town, maybe they should be shot also.

STOP STOP STOP Shooting and killing wolves. Put your garbage away, supervise your pets when outside, do not dump carcasses or garbage along wantage road, and when you encounter a wolf scare the shit out of it by pulling your jacket/coat overhead and/or making yourself big, and move towards it not away. I ahve had many encounters with our local wolf populations as I hike, with my dogs, on a daily basis at odd hours of the day and night, in and around Prince Rupert. They are certainly afraid of me. One incident where one wolf actualy grabbed my dog by the neck, but my dog was not having none of it and turned on the wolf. I helped by using the metal end of the leash as a whip and between me and my dog we got it on the run. Since then they have crossed our path many times but tend to keep their distance from us. We do not have to fear these animals, just respect them and manage them appropriately. We are supposed to be the intelligent species.

What is not going to turn out good ? Do you think the wolf was howling because he just lost a family member that a Cop killed.

Thank you for the timely and informative posts on the subject of wolves. I heard howling last night from 11th east and I don’t recall ever hearing that here before. These animals are part of the intense, vast beauty of this place. We plan to be more vigilant with our garbage so we aren’t accidentally feeding wolves or anything else.

[quote=“Speedy”]

What is not going to turn out good ? Do you think the wolf was howling because he just lost a family member that a pig killed.[/quote]

So now we’re going around calling the cops “pigs” and the moderators dont’ step in?

Interesting debating forum you seem to want to run

[quote=“Speedy”]

What is not going to turn out good ? Do you think the wolf was howling because he just lost a family member that a pig killed.[/quote]

Really … what a lack of maturity. Grow up. The Moderators need to do something about this. You can express your opinion without name calling.

[quote=“Speedy”]

What is not going to turn out good ? Do you think the wolf was howling because he just lost a family member that a Cop killed.[/quote]

Ah, that’s so sweet, you discovered the edit button.

I’d be more concerned about guns being fired in a residential area… that’s twice now isn’t it? one dog and one wolf?

And a Post Boxing Day update on the wolf situation and the recent incidents between wolf and police

thenorthernview.com/news/184708761.html

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]And a Post Boxing Day update on the wolf situation and the recent incidents between wolf and police

thenorthernview.com/news/184708761.html[/quote]

Pretty weak story