Ray Novak Knew

Ray Novak, the PM’s current Chief of Staff, knew about the $91,000 pay out for Mike Duffy and decided to keep Harper in the dark.

Ray Novak Knew

Or, as Kory Teneycke stated, it is “unfathomable” that Novak would have known and NOT told Harper. In that case, he would have done so verbally. Either way, someone(or all of them) is/are lying about a criminal matter. Wonderful timing, given an election campaign called early.

Indeed. This mess with Duffy is taking Harper off message. It is far too early to make a call, but, this fiasco will, I predict, have an effect on the outcome of the election.

I doubt this will change anyone’s mind.

Conservative voters will likely vote Conservative no matter what. I know it’s hard to believe, but the old guy was right. Who cares?

I have a close friend who has voted Conservative all his life (and for the BC Liberals). His comment is literally “so what? At least they’re not NDP.” This is the same guy who said he didn’t care if the BC Liberals broke the law with the BC Rail scandal or whatever, because better them than the NDP. They literally don’t give a shit. He’s a close friend and all, but what can one say to that kind of attitude? It’s also why many don’t give a shit about C-51. Or the election ‘irregularities’ or any of that bullshit. Heck, some wouldn’t even care if democracy went away, so that the Conservatives could just govern and not have to worry about the possibility of another party taking power.

So I asked this Conservative friend of mine: “what would it take for you not to vote for Harper? What would he have to do?” Long silence… I don’t think he could think of a single thing that would dissuade him. Literally.

Mig, I recognize the mindset that you are referring to. I expect it exists in all political camps, among some supporters. However, I think that every political party also has thoughtful supporters, who weigh the actions of the politicians, and make thoughtful decisions about them. In this case, I would say that although the “angry old man” will remain unmoved, I can’t imagine these revelations can attract any thoughtful person FROM another party, TO the Conservatives. They are not winning in the court of public appearances. I suspect the net effect will be an increase in the number of traditional Conservative voters who choose to stay home on October 19, and an increase in the number of anti-Conservatives who get off the couch and go to vote.

To add to the previous comment, I think it worth attending to the spreading interest in this story. I noted today’s CBC reporting of today’s testimony by Perrin, while relatively innocuous in an of itself, had several thousand comments attached after less than 6 hours. Some for Harper, but most against. Clearly, the trial has the attention of a lot of people. Who does that hurt, and who does it help, in the context of the election?

This whole shenanigans with the Cons and Duffy is really a soap opera, which really in the scheme of things does not really have anything to do with governing this country. Do I agree with what happened, hell no, but find me a party across this country that hasn’t done things unethical. I’m not one to put my allegiance behind any particular party and I have been voting for 30+ years. I personally don’t like any of these parties. I do know that I won’t vote for the Cons, and I will never vote for the NDP again as they won’t be good for the already suffering economy. I for one don’t want to pay for an extreme tax increase and not get anything in return.

Agreed. The Conservative loyalists will likely continue to vote for Harper. But, I do remember an interesting occurrence four years ago in riding after riding. In riding after riding the center-left vote was split between the Liberals and the NDP, and the Conservatives came up the middle. Vote splitting gave Harper a solid majority. After another term with Harper, the introduction of C-51, and the economy doing poorly I wonder if that will happen again?
However, I’m not counting Harper out at all. Maybe this time he’ll get a minority government. I do predict that Cullen will be reelected. Interesting times ahead.

See what I mean? Not to pick on your, Gracies Mom, but that’s exactly what my friend basically said :smile: Who cares if he broke the law? It’s essentially what angry old guy was saying as well.

So let’s ask you the same question I asked him – what would they have to do for you not to vote for them?

I didn’t vote NDP last federal election, for example, because Nathan Cullen flip-flopped on the gun issue, and he was the only NDP MP that backed the big corporations and their UBB internet billing fiasco. That’s all it took for me to change my mind :smile: What would it take for you change your mind?

[quote=“MiG”]

See what I mean? Not to pick on your, Gracies Mom, but that’s exactly what my friend basically said :smile: Who cares if he broke the law? It’s essentially what angry old guy was saying as well.

So let’s ask you the same question I asked him – what would they have to do for you not to vote for them?

I didn’t vote NDP last federal election, for example, because Nathan Cullen flip-flopped on the gun issue, and he was the only NDP MP that backed the big corporations and their UBB internet billing fiasco. That’s all it took for me to change my mind :smile: What would it take for you change your mind?[/quote]

Change my mind about what MiG ? I don’t have an allegiance to any party. I don’t trust any of them to do what’s best for Canada as a whole. Do you have a party that you support ?

For me it would take a different right wing party to take my vote. The difference between the right and the left right now is the left are splitting their votes between the NDP Liberals and green parties. If there was another “rightish” type of party I suspect we would see the same sort of thing on that side of the spectrum. Unfortunately for the left this vote splitting is going to continue to do damage.

It shouldn’t be lost on anyone that all three of those above mentioned parties are trying to be all things to all people, and as a result it is problematic. We saw the provincial NDP suffer the same fate, trying to be too “green” for their former solid supporters (working class, trade unions) who want jobs.

I think a minority might be healthy right now.

This is interesting. Recent polls show the NDP doing quite well.

ANALYSIS
Poll Tracker: Conservative swing voters could drift because of Duffy trial

The plan is to Rename British Columbia to a small 3 square foot section of land which contains a single puddle. Unfortunately harper is not aware that this puddle is home to the only remaining desert muck leeches.

I mean thats about as likely as whatever bullshit that fucktard is going to announce up until election day…

Heh-heh. :smile:

Before Iwas even old enough to vote, Tommy Douglas ran in our riding. My Dad went nutzoid when she said she voted for him.
She said, in spite of her politics, Canada needed Tommy Douglas in Parliament more than it needed another nameless Stanfield backbencher…