Question about my Computer

Well last night I was playing a game and suddenly the power goes on and off for a second. My computer therefore restarted, however now the USB ports don’t work. My keyboard and my mouse didn’t work or anything… I hooked up some old style mouse and keyboard temporarily however I’m pissed off because my computer is new.

Any ideas on what the hell happend??

no idea what happened, but last time there was a power outage it fried my motherboard. got a battery backup after that, no more problems.

well my motherboard seems to be working just fine… This is stupid ahha

correction. It was new. Now it’s toast.
Bring it back and leave out the part about the power going on and off. "It just went dead all by itself, I never did nuthin. It worked last nite, not this morning"
Then they won’t get to recite the eighty-two pages of ‘warranty does not apply’ fine print.

Or you may try turning it off for ten minutes, waving a dead chicken at it while reciting every expletive known to man and hope it works. It works 80% of the time.
Computers are really scared of dead chickens, and I find “you malignant little bastard” is highly effective on Dells.

herbie_popnecker

YOu use a dead chicken too? Sweeet…

Try going into the bios and resetting it. That might be the problem i have seen this tons of times after a power outage the usb switch in the bios is turned off…

Let me know…

herbie_popnecker you get the newest version of BART ?
There is also a nice version that puts onto a dvd that has SO many feature’s : O )

Yea it turned off in the BIOS I checked it out and it’s back on and working.

Thanks bro

No Problem : O )

[quote=“jleaman”]
herbie_popnecker you get the newest version of BART ?
There is also a nice version that puts onto a dvd that has SO many feature’s : O )[/quote]

Plan to get back to making new Bart disks and some other programming stuff this week. Just finished installing some sweet new radios on our mountain transmitters (okay, I set 'em up and my partner froze 'is nutz off). Bandwidth managed P2P and on the main pipe KaZaa chokes. Very cool. Found 3 people on 1 radio who bought wireless stuff, figured out our private IP range and locked out their MAC addresses.
12 miles across lake, 10 miles down to gf house 0 packet loss and 13ms pings! Sweet. Capped everyone else at 2Mbps, she gets 5.5.
New 5.8 stuff is super. Pinging the mills at 3ms.

more wireless stuff ? Cool

My friend’s DSL has been screwed since the power outage too. They can’t connect at all, and it says to contact the network admin. Any ideas?

Needless to say they will be in touch with CityTel tomorrow.

It means the system has AIDS. Shoot.Reload.Repeat.