Quantum Internet Consensus?

[quote=“Hoser”]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2337490433.png

This is Quantum 15.[/quote]

There that is much better.

A little slower in the evening.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2338583062.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2338616525.png

Quantum 15

don’t know how others are getting good speeds on it but I’m NOT getting 15 mbps nor close to it.

at first I got between 5 and 15 meg on the 15 quantum lately it has been steady in the 14.5 range I would say about 80% of the time and I live close to Citywest. was told though when I phoned them about it that there are a few areas of the city where they have to run another line to help out the speeds

Walked through some general stuff with the IT help line for about 40 minutes with no help to speed my line up, got a return call five days later with different IT help person trying to do the diagnostics …stopped them right away and asked for some testing of my lines noise reduction tests that kind of thing…was told by IT that i would have to live with it for awhile as they have over sold there bandwidth and are now trying to fix it…also was asked if i want to switch back to my old cable internet??? The answer to the question i asked why?? was “so i don’t have to pay for something i will not get for awhile” no timeline for new equipment…got a three week credit to my account…sad was so looking forward to being in the " NOW"…barely get over 7…even worse on the busy hours…“Damn you Shitty west”

What neighborhood do you live in? Might be nice for others to know where the bad spots currently are.

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

What neighborhood do you live in? Might be nice for others to know where the bad spots currently are.[/quote]

If bandwidth was over sold, would it matter which neighborhood ?
I’m glad I haven’t jumped the bridge with the new shiny toy yet … DSL is still my pal

[quote="_lit"]
I’m glad I haven’t jumped the bridge with the new shiny toy yet … DSL is still my pal[/quote]

I am following this thread with interest. I’m still on Premium DSL. I’m not sure if I will make the jump yet.

Conrad School Area OVER SOLD!!!

What would be nice, would be if CityWest would actually explain all of the problems and associated issues with their internet service.

Really, this anecdotal thing is tiring, if they want to be a company in good standing in the community,and hey accountable to the people that pay their salaries and fund their adventures out of town, perhaps its time to clean up their image and offer clear, non confusing and accurate information about their service, warts and all.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote="_lit"]
I’m glad I haven’t jumped the bridge with the new shiny toy yet … DSL is still my pal[/quote]

I am following this thread with interest. I’m still on Premium DSL. I’m not sure if I will make the jump yet.[/quote]

Don’t make the jump as I have been talking with a few City West Employees

[quote=“Speedy”]

[quote=“hitest”]

I am following this thread with interest. I’m still on Premium DSL. I’m not sure if I will make the jump yet.

Don’t make the jump as I have been talking with a few City West Employees[/quote]

good to know! Can you give any other morsels as to why not?

good to know! Can you give any other morsels as to why not?

Let you know at a later date